new to motorized bikes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fatllama, Oct 4, 2011.

1. fatllama

fatllama New Member

Hi All,
    Decided recently to motorize my bike since it's too expensive to get around the city by car. I bike around sometimes a couple miles when I need to do something near home, but as a track athlete I'm usually too tired to bike all the way across town on a regular basis.
    I'm not interested in any sort of special kind of performance or gizmos, I'm just looking for a reliable kit that I can install easily (I don't have much of a mechanical background). I was looking into, but they advertise their bikes as being completely street legal without requiring anything. I looked up the laws and it appears that I need an M1 or M2 license along with a whole bunch of other things, and now I'm not so sure I want to buy from a company that falsely advertises their product. Any suggestions on a good bike kit or where to start?

2. PatrickW

PatrickW Staff Member

Ben, welcome to MBc. I would check out our "Vendor Reviews Forum"...we are sponsored by most of the very reputable vendors. Our Admin Staff Vets them quite closely. We don't let just any fly-by-night company to put their name on our site. Good Luck to you, and wish you the best.