new to motorized biking

the engine kit arrived today, alot sooner than I thought it would. Unpacked everything and tried putting the motor in the frame at different places to see how it might fit. I see a few problems that are going to come up and will have to be over came. Will keep you all posted

a had a little time today to play with the engine and the mount..either I'm going to have to modify the engine mount alot or had to make one that will work....as the mount has the engine will not fit inside of the frame on the mount in the front. Then engine will not fit anywhere behind the front rider. It's that or mount the engine on the back of bike..which I wouldn't want to do. But may end up having to do..or else get out the other tandem I have and try it on that bike..will let you all know how it goes

Just a quick note to say Thank you for the stickers..they look cool...working 16 hour days here in the after math of the storm here on the east coast.

Got the tandem out today from the shed..took a bit longer than I thought it would..the bike is a Kent that I purchased while in Germany in the later part of the 80's..has anyone put a motor on one of these before? The only fly in the ointment that I see might be the band brake on the left side. Tried to up load pic and all I got was upload failed.

sure have. i just rode it today as matte of fact. My wife and rode it around the springs they have bike trails for miles and miles strait through the ocala national forest..it was nice.

took a look at your bumblebee and see that it's a front wheel fricton drive...nice but not what I'm looking to build..after looking at the mount and frame angles..I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to custom make a engine mount.

took a look at your bumblebee and see that it's a front wheel fricton drive...nice but not what I'm looking to build..after looking at the mount and frame angles..I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to custom make a engine mount.

They have rear wheel friction drive also..have fun! let me know how she runs!

worked on the engine mount this past weekend some...have it test fitted so that the engine is parallel to the ground and the carb airfilter clears the frame at the back now...will do the final welding of the mount this week and install it on the frame.

engine and mount pics

ok..I'm back from repairing storm damage from Sandy..had to remember where I left on my build when I got home..finished installing the engine mount..a bit tricky with some of the bolts..using a magnet to hold the bolt then put the washers and the nut on that way. With the mount installed, no way the person in the back could pedal..couldn't use the kit crank and arms since the tandem has sprockets on both sides...I cut the cranks off and installed a foot rest for the rear rider for now. Installed the motor with it moved all the way to the right looking from the rear and think I'm going to have to take it off and make the mount holes longer to the right..about a eight of a inch or so. I took some pics for you all to look at. Tks for your interest in my project.

Attachments

• IMG_2433[1].JPG
    IMG_2433[1].JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2434[1].JPG
    IMG_2434[1].JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2436[1].JPG
    IMG_2436[1].JPG
    67 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_2438[1].JPG
    IMG_2438[1].JPG