new to motors not to bikes

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ncherguy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ncherguy

ncherguy New Member

Hi All,
    I've ben coming on here quite a bit while working on my winter project. Now that its complete I decided to become a member of this forum. Without this forum I would be clueless thanks so much everybody.

I've got a board track racer themed motorized bike. Its got a DAX 50cc. I took adice from this page and had wheels built with 12g spokes. I do have a coaster brake, but its an overhauled Super Komet (really nice brake shoes, better than the red-striped bendix, grease zert). I used heavy duty greas on all the hubs and bearings. I studdied the scratchbuilt tank discussions and built my own tank that fits in the cantilever cruiser frame. The frame is a vintage 60's western flyer with welded dropouts (had a friend beef up the rear frame). I found some sick tires by Bontrager called "Hank" ( 26x2.3 kevlar/wire composit).

I enjoy building custom bicycles using as much vintage parts as possible, but this is the first one i built with an engine. Its ben very frustrating mounting the engine and getting things to work right, but if it wasn't challenging it would be a boring hobby.

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

How about that? It sounds like you really did heed the advice you picked up here. good for you.

Sounds like a tough bike. Photos would be appreciated.
  3. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Heh, sounds like you're having fun. Welcome to MBc, nice intro.
  4. ncherguy

ncherguy New Member

Still learning to post pictures, but here are two. I'm still playing with that darn wheel tensioner and a minor leak in my tank

Attached Files: