new to motors not to bikes

ncherguy

Local time
8:44 AM
Hi All,
I've ben coming on here quite a bit while working on my winter project. Now that its complete I decided to become a member of this forum. Without this forum I would be clueless thanks so much everybody.

I've got a board track racer themed motorized bike. Its got a DAX 50cc. I took adice from this page and had wheels built with 12g spokes. I do have a coaster brake, but its an overhauled Super Komet (really nice brake shoes, better than the red-striped bendix, grease zert). I used heavy duty greas on all the hubs and bearings. I studdied the scratchbuilt tank discussions and built my own tank that fits in the cantilever cruiser frame. The frame is a vintage 60's western flyer with welded dropouts (had a friend beef up the rear frame). I found some sick tires by Bontrager called "Hank" ( 26x2.3 kevlar/wire composit).

I enjoy building custom bicycles using as much vintage parts as possible, but this is the first one i built with an engine. Its ben very frustrating mounting the engine and getting things to work right, but if it wasn't challenging it would be a boring hobby.

How about that? It sounds like you really did heed the advice you picked up here. good for you.

Sounds like a tough bike. Photos would be appreciated.

How about that? It sounds like you really did heed the advice you picked up here. good for you.

Sounds like a tough bike. Photos would be appreciated.

Still learning to post pictures, but here are two. I'm still playing with that darn wheel tensioner and a minor leak in my tank

Attachments

• boardtracker1.jpg
    boardtracker1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 121
  • boardtracker5.jpg
    boardtracker5.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 120
Back