new to the forum/motoring

Instantbacon

Local time
12:17 PM
Hi, my names michael, I work at a bike repair place in downtown valdosta georgia, and saw some guy come in with a motorized bike and I helped change his tube out. I thought it was a really cool, especially because I love motorcycles so much (but mine broke down). Anyways, I have been reading random posts trying to figure some stuff out for myself, and im curious, do you have to have a free wheel or will a single speed bike work fine? I havent picked out a kit yet, looking to spend around 400. Im thinking about a two-stroke, I want a good sized engine because im mostly going to be away from traffic in the country and I would like something fast. I would appreciate any input or help. thanks!

Hello Michael. 400 bucks will buy a nice kit, a 4stroke frame mount or a nice rack mounted system. The china 2 stroke frame kit (A Happytime) can be had for 200 or less and a lot of us are attracted to that.

This entire site is nothing but help. Read read read, and then ask questions before you decide.

G'day Michael & welcome.
Like mickey said READ as much as possible and make a 2stroke/4stroke,frame mount/rear mount decision from there.Ask questions in the appropriate section;members will he happy to answer.
Not that u need luck but good luck anyway.

I work at a bike repair place in downtown valdosta georgia, and saw some guy come in with a motorized bike and I helped change his tube out.

WOW!!!! another "rare" motored bike-friendly bike shop!!:D
(the spandex crowd spits at us....sometimes! :LOL::LOL:)

Welcome to MBc.
great to have another bike mechanic on board!

Back