NEW to the site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gointhedistance, Jan 19, 2011.

1. gointhedistance

gointhedistance New Member

Hey everybody. I'm new 'round here and new to motored bikes but, I've ridden on 2 wheels all my life. It's been a dream to own and cruise around on a bike with a motor I've just never got around to making it happen. I'm looking to get into it and was just wondering if anyone here could recommend a bike+engine that I could order that isn't more than $500. I don't want junk, I just need a decent ride to start with. Thanks and I'm lookin forward to learnin a thing or two here!

2. fm2200

fm2200 Member

Welcome to this forum, I'm just an average guy, not a big shot here. But this a great place to get started, If you make your own gas bike you could do it for under $500, buying one is like $500 and up to $4000. There are guys selling them for around $500 to $700 less shipping. If you live in a state where they require state approved gas bikes only, like NY, Ohio, to mention a few, then you don't have a choice. Depending upon where you live this will make or break your under $500 theme. So ask lots of questions and you will get information on this and many other matters. Good Luck