New to this site....

leepaulholtz

Local time
6:05 PM
Hi all just wanted to say hello and introduce my self..
my name is Lee and i would like to have a go at building a Motored bike.
I have got myself a Robin Hood bike and a small villiers engine..some steel tubing and a few ideas on what i want to achieve...lets hope it all goes well....:bowdown:

Welcome to MBc, Lee. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under ‘Introduce Yourself’ has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature. If you are still stumped, post your question in the proper Forum. Good Luck.

Hi all...quick up date on the bike...
still building when time lets me....and still changing the design all the time...
now working on the forks...I am aiming to build a girder type of fork...has any one else done this and how did you get on with them?....

Here are important questions to consider when building for yourself or others:

1) What is the predominant riding terrain?
2) What type of physique does the primary rider have?
3) What will the rider's local laws allow and require them to have?
(Lookup and personally read these laws.)
4) What kind of bike is being motorized?
5) What is the bike to be used for?
6) How much of a budget is to be used for the build?

Seek the answers to these questions in order to get the most out of the bike you're building. We're here to help with any questions you may have. Good luck with your build.

Thanks for the advise...
I will think about the answers to your questions as i go along....
I have all ready discovered that this project is not as simple as just a engine in a bike!...
perhaps i am running before i can walk..but i am enjoying the challenge and it is making me think out side of the box lol....
if it is going to work or not is yet to be seen...

Attachments

• DSC00922.JPG
    DSC00922.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 155
I was told putting an engine on a auto shift bike wouldn't work. Even now I've got critics, the biggest thing against them is what I made works. I very interested to see where you go with your build.

thanks for the reply Jerry and good for you for proving the critics wrong the only way to go in life is on two wheels lol and even better if your two wheels should not work according to others.....
i hope i achieve the same...So far it seems to be working. i think i have sorted the girder fork suspension/steering now...soon time to move on to the next challenge of belt drive..

Had another go at the bike today before work...after yet another change in design i had a girder type front suspension that works!!...I have lots of fine tuning to do like making the fork links look better and fitting shoulder bolts where needed..also seem weld up all the joints.....i also have to shape the head stock plate which is clamped to the handle bars...

Attachments

• DSC00940.JPG
    DSC00940.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 119
Your front suspension is very clever. From the photo, it looks like it may not have enough trail to run steady at higher speeds. Just something to keep in mind. I really like your idea and know you will work out the bugs.

Back