Newbe

sportscarpat

Vendor
Local time
10:09 PM
Hi guys,
I am not totally new to the forum as I have been lurking for awhile. Finished my first build or to be more precise, I have my first build running. Are they ever really finished? Anyway, just want to say hi and thank everyone for all the info I have found around here. Thanks everyone. He is a picture of my build. Not the best picture, but it is the most current.

Attachments

• SEAT POST 3.jpg
    SEAT POST 3.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 160
Hi,VEEEERY Nice! Did you make the tank or is it an original you nicely transformed?
Welcome to the site MotoMagz

Thanks for the reply. I make the tanks myself. All stainless steel construction, CAD designed, laser cut sheets, and tig welded. They take some time to build and really give the bike it's boardtrack, vintage look. Here is another shot of the tank early in the build process and before paint.

Attachments

• DSC04431.jpg
    DSC04431.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 146
Man if thats

Your first build , Thats going to be hard to top !!!
Sweet bike dude ... The tank is a work of art ..
Cant wait to see your 2nd build..

Thanks for the replys. I built the seat post using a stock post which I cut and then welded in the offset between the two pieces. The offset is a piece of 1/4" x 1 1/2" stainless flatbar. I added a stiffening break down the length of the flatbar to keep it from bending. I am just starting on another build with the same style Schwinn straightbar frame. It will be a military theme that will also have an in-frame custom tank.

Attachments

• DSC04512.jpg
    DSC04512.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Thanks for the replys. I built the seat post using a stock post which I cut and then welded in the offset between the two pieces. The offset is a piece of 1/4" x 1 1/2" stainless flatbar. I added a stiffening break down the length of the flatbar to keep it from bending. I am just starting on another build with the same style Schwinn straightbar frame. It will be a military theme that will also have an in-frame custom tank.

You have a ford GT and you mess with putting motors on bikes!!:D never ceases to amaze me the appeal of these things.

I found this seat post http://www.ghentcruisers.com/our-parts/drop-seat-post. I've been thinking about buying it but I don't know what kind of performance to expect. I I'm 6-2 210lbs. Do you think this is too much for a seat post? You could make some money selling yours.

Hi Maxpower,
I mess with anything mechanical, cars, bikes, whatever. Always have and always will. When you look at the time involved in desighing and manufacturing any custom parts it gets expensive quick. Everyone has a different approach to the same problem, in this case a lay back seat post. I built my own because the Schwinn frames are 13/16" verses 7/8". If you need one in any size just email me to discuss. It will not be very expensive as these are easy to make.

Back