Carby Newbie doubts and help with carb tunning

The reason I'm saying you need to know what carb it is because grubee has the cns carbs on alot of the newer kits.

I just want to make some updates:

Today, based on information from you friends, I found and changed the spark plug for b5hs, and put some more mileage on the bike. As this spark plug has a couple of thread wires more then the stock one, I ended up putting an extra washer to avoid the risk of hiting the piston. I can say that now I´m starting to have fun.

Apparently the engine is showing signs of breaking in - not so much in max speed but in the way it is facing uphills. Even the sound of the engine is changing. I also noticed that with the changing of the spark plug, the engine became more predictable, both in starting and in riding. It is also working a little cooler I think.

With the exception of the leaked oil I found when arrived (I must have put too much oil in the crankcase before mounting it on the bike, and now I believe that with rotation and heat engine is starting to throw it out), I'm much more satisfied with the result.

Thank you so much to all the advices!

bpr5(6,7...)hs is prefferred ;)

if the bp is easy to find, use it :) why freak around looking for something specific (but not necessarily the best) when the closest alternative is right there at hand?

a b5hs wont touch the piston, unless something is very very wrong....

a bp5hs wont touch piston either.

a bp5Es will!

mmmmm, vw bugs! i so ...no...no i dont want one actually... horrible sounding things! but they do go...and go...and go....and go... and after ten years in ice....still go... sand, ice, whatever...still goes... except my last bosses old one... it was a bit sad :(

Back