Newbie, looking for first build tips

H

Hi all

Hey guys im new to the motorized bike world.

I dont really know what i should start learning first. What would be some good threads to read or some help full tips for a person wanting to make their first build?

Im intersted in making a full suspension motorized Bike.
The most cost effective looks like putting a motor on a Next Avalon,
So thats what i am thinking for my first project.

Hope this is a very live community.

ONE LOVE

Billiam

Last edited by a moderator:
Read EVERYTHING at least twice and make notes. That part is free. :)
Plan your build and make a list of parts and tools, try to get an accurate idea of the total cost. It will be a lot more than you first thought, especially if you don't want to sacrifice any of the functionality of the full suspension multi speed bike.

I'd be very interested in seeing your design for full suspension. That gonna involve a swingarm, something I would very much like to incorporate into my next motorbike.

I'd be very interested in seeing your design for full suspension. That gonna involve a swingarm, something I would very much like to incorporate into my next motorbike.
I goggled that "Next Avalon" bike. It doesn't look like a great amount of suspension, more like a little rubber bumper thingy in the seatstay wishbone. I suppose maybe the plan is to customise the frame..
Anyway. You know there's a 4130 cro-mo GT LTS5 on fleabay? Cheap and he will mail it from Ohio. Not long travel on them either but it's something.

Back