Newbie MB'r wants to share awesome deal on Tanaka 33cc engines!

Hi Guys,

I have enjoyed reading all of the posts here and lurking for many months, I finally decided to pull the trigger on some GEBE kits and use the little Tanaka 33's. Here is what I lucked up on yesterday! Unbelievable deal! My two are on the way with UPS tracking numbers from Tennessee!

I bought two of them yesterday, Tanaka 33cc engines for $99.00 each shipped! I followed up with the Essex group and confirmed the deal! They got over 100 of them in an "Overstock" deal and are liquidating them. Here is the Amazon Link to the little motors that regularly go for over $300 !

Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001PB3Y9C

If you put a bunch in the cart, it will tell you have many are still available to buy.
Mine should be arriving Monday :)
-Lowracer-

Got one for myself and one for the wife's MB

Hi All,

Sometimes even a blind squirrel will find an acorn :D Man! What a great deal! I got mine a couple of days after ordering them and they appear to be brand spanking new but without any documentation.

I installed the first one and it fired on the 2nd pull and now starts on 1st try almost every single time!

I am very very happy. Thanks to all here on the forum for sharing their collective wisdom and experiences ,

Peace, love & Soul......

So the lady says to the big cowboy...Sir, why do you carry a .45? Well Maa'mm , they dont make a .46...:devilish:

1sensitiveman,
I'd like to ask for your impressions of the Tanaka 33cc engine. I'm compring it to my 4 stroke Subaru Robin EH035 also rated @ 1.6 hp.
What kind of performance, what kind of drive system did you hook it up to, what drive ratio are you running?
Mine Tanaka arrives on Monday & I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with i?...lol
It'll be my 4th engine & I have 3 MB's.
-Lowracer-

They could be refurbished or something. It's also possible there was an entire truckload or more of them, that were consigned and sold at auction because of someone failing to pay warehouse rent, or a brokerage company running off with the cash and stranding a driver, who got the rights to the freight on his vehicle. It happens a lot. I've seen guys selling Oreo cookies, toilet papers, TVs, canned goods, produce. Produce gets wasted a lot. If it is 2 hrs late ,the reciever can refuse it, and the company has to buy it, so contract fights over it begin (who gets stuck with it and has to pay to dispose of it!)

Also, they might have been confiscated by Customs and sold off. Lot of exciting possibliities. I bet they all cost $50 to make anyway.

Lowracer, maybe you can replace another engine with it and save that one for a backup, if you don't want to build a new bike.

happycheapskate

That's my thought as to what happened. 1sensitiveman reports that the engine came with no documentation, so to me that means these were not retail engines but were originally going to a manufacturer for weed whackers, leaf blowers, or something similar as orders for those users usually omit such things to reduce costs slightly as they are not needed. Missing documentation is no problem anyway since all we have to do is download the pdf and print it out.

I should get mine tomorrow, shipped it to the work address as someone is always there to accept delivery. Dumb question, is it safe to start them with nothing attached to the clutch? It's not on my mopeds, but I don't know about these engines.

I'd be scared to start it without anything on there, because the flywheel is light, and the clutch pads might swing out and damage it or fly off. I could be wrong though, but it seems hard to pull start such a motor with no mounting.

If it runs and all , I don't care about warranty or papers. I doubt it's hot, too, or US gov would probably be on Amazon and the seller like flies on a picnic.

That's my thought as to what happened. 1sensitiveman reports that the engine came with no documentation, so to me that means these were not retail engines but were originally going to a manufacturer for weed whackers, leaf blowers, or something similar as orders for those users usually omit such things to reduce costs slightly as they are not needed. Missing documentation is no problem anyway since all we have to do is download the pdf and print it out.

I should get mine tomorrow, shipped it to the work address as someone is always there to accept delivery. Dumb question, is it safe to start them with nothing attached to the clutch? It's not on my mopeds, but I don't know about these engines.

NOT a good idea to start it with a naked clutch! Wait to hook it up to something first!

NOT a good idea to start it with a naked clutch! Wait to hook it up to something first!

That is what I figured. I wasn't going to try and start it unless someone said it was OK. I'll put some oil in the cylinder when I get it and check the spark and such though.

Back