newbie question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bigboy64, Mar 8, 2007.

1. bigboy64

bigboy64 Guest

hello, I was hoping I could get some assistance before I go ahead and by my engine. My question is if anyone knows if the gas tank can be placed on the Micargi Rover GTS without any modifications. The reason I ask is that the top bar on the frame is not a regular tube bar. Any assisitance would be greatly appreciated. This is what my bike looks like.

2. davidsis

davidsis Guest

It should fit. the clamps are pretty wide. Also, maybe you could resize your photo.
  3. bigboy64

bigboy64 Guest

Thanks for the info, I think I figured out the image problem, I have to have it hosted somewhere according to the FAQ's
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

no hosting needed, we have an "upload pic" feature but you have to wait one's our anti-spam filter :)

my bike frame is 35mm all around, bigboy64, i had no problem mounting the tank.

welcome to MBc 8)
  5. etheric

etheric Guest

Well, I 'spose we can just use this as your Welcome!
    How about you tell us a bit about yourself?
  6. bigboy64

bigboy64 Guest

Thanks for the replys, I am a teacher in TX and am hoping to start my build soon. I am looking to get an 80cc from ebay. I have an electric scooter (vespa type), but would rather fix up my Rover. I have seen some of the cruisers you guys have built and think they are fantastic.
  7. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Texas :grin: - "bigboy" :shock:

Folks, I can already envision TRACTOR TIRES on bikes. :cool:

8. bigboy64

bigboy64 Guest

I am sure I will not get the desired speed :( , but I will mostly be riding in the neighborhood walkways and side streets.
  9. Tom

Tom Active Member

welcome to the forum!