'newbie" Status Statute Of Limitations

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by buzbikebklyn1, Jun 20, 2009.

1. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

How long does it take before a member is no longer considered a newbie? what are the criteria?
    shiney side up...
    Tommy M.

2. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Yo Tommy,

Nobody really pays attention to that stuff, if you post good info and dig up old threads with new insights, that is what really counts.

There are folks joining with 2-3 MB's in the garage, or years of riding, we can't consider them newbies.

It may click at 25 or 50 posts, just like an odometer, but really quality beats quantity every time.

3. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

ah... i c

thanks for splaining that...lol

4. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I was watching This Old House, working on a brownstone in Brooklyn, and those streets, cars parked on both sides and ONE way through the middle, HEY you got my admiration already. Bike theft is also a NYhazard we've learned, too many lockpickers.

Your situation is entirely different than most of us.

Plus, we all learned, early on, NY was not MB friendly on the laws/legislations, so you guys are like our MB underground.

It only takes 2-5 posts to get the hang of things on the forum, maybe "newbie" counts when we have to corral a loose doggie from putting up 3 insta-threads in his first 10 minutes of membership, but by the time you get to 10 posts, you kinda got the hang of it.

Simple, just like riding a bike.

5. fm2200

fm2200 Member

Mine is registered with the DMV and I have no insurance, helmet or inspection requirements. We don't even have the usual 50cc limit like most states do. They have a classification for gas bikes that go over 30 mph to 40mph, the catch is you must wear a helmet have insurance and get it inspected yearly. No other state that I know of has that provision or those speeds.

6. fm2200

fm2200 Member

Paul when you went in April to North Carolina was the weather warm enough for your long trip.

7. Tom

Tom Active Member

If I remember correctly, 30 posts + 30 days on the site. Its understood to be more of a forum formality than an assessment of your MB knowledge.

8. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

I was just kidding....

Really guys... i just saw the "newbie" thing one night and thought it was funny.
    the statute thing was just a joke.