Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by darwin, May 26, 2008.

1. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Hey everyone Im in the denver area and just ordered a honda gx50 kit friction drive from an online retailer and am looking foward to putting it together. Im putting it on a mongoose comfort bike with aluminum frame, I already owned the bike so the motors going on it till it falls apart lol. Ive learned alot here and look foward to interacting with yall.

2. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I already ordered the friction drive kit but after finding this place [after ordering] Im not sure I made the best decision......its a good kit and the motor Im sure of so im thinking later if I want to go to belt or chain later Ill only need a few parts to make it go.........thinking.
  3. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi darwin; ride what you got. get some time and experience. your motor will last a long time. some of these guys are tootin their own horn. next winter is time enough to think about whats best.
  4. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

That is the Staton and should be a good ride. By the time the snow files, you will have more than 1.
    Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!
  5. Fleet mech

Fleet mech New Member

darwin, My name is Dennis I post as Fleet mech, I to live in Denver and just built my first mb about 3weeks ago and can't get my 16yr old to let my ride it. Anything I can do to help let me know.
  6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Fleetmech I sent you a pm.