Newby

oakbuilder

Local time
5:04 AM
I am totally fascinated with theses motorized bikes. I want to learn as much as I can right away so I can purchase/make my own, or I should say our own. My wife and I used to be avid motorcycle riders but for several reasons, this would suit us perfect. I am open to any and all advice to us as we consider this move.
We live in Fulton County in north Arkansas.

My advice? Choose an engine and start building your bikes. Your only regret is likely to be that you didn't do it sooner.

Welcome aboard. You'll have fun.

Well I weigh 170, my wife less. We are in north central Arkansas, it's hilly but nothing steep. Mostly paved roads for our riding but some gravel roads. I must keep costs as low as possible and that's why I ask about this, to see if it's something we can afford. But of course if I buy something I can afford, I want it to last or I will just be wasting my hard earned money.

Are you going to be riding off road at all... or only on road?

I would choose/find a suitable bike first. Then find an engine.

If costs are an issue I would get a basic "80cc Chinese" engine from spookytooth.com or another reputable dealer... you can find the links to their sites all the way to the left on your screen. If you can spend the cash I would recommend checking out a Golden Empire Bike kit with a good reliable four stroke like the robin/subaru eho35. If you want me to go into exact reasons I will but thought I would offer my 2 cents.

here are the links to my two bikes and are examples of the two setups I just described...

http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=21125

http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=21093

Last edited:
Well I weigh 170, my wife less. We are in north central Arkansas, it's hilly but nothing steep. Mostly paved roads for our riding but some gravel roads. I must keep costs as low as possible and that's why I ask about this, to see if it's something we can afford. But of course if I buy something I can afford, I want it to last or I will just be wasting my hard earned money.

For strengthening your marriage, splurge for the wife on an "easy, one pull and its cranked" Robin Subaru 35cc, 4 stroke, no gas mixing required....They are available at GEBE and Staton. Not much fiddling around once they are installed.

Then ride out to Crater of Diamonds and find that bonus bauble that will pay for both !!

Attachments

• denver 121.jpg
    denver 121.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 101
  • denver 123.jpg
    denver 123.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 83
yeah the GEBE kits are kick_as* just expensive.

And they are not listed as "80cc chinese" engines... that is just a generic term used for the mass produced, frame mounted engines that range from 49cc - 69cc and come from china. They are available all over the place as 80cc kits. Just buy from a reputable company.

Last edited:
welcome from Florida...spend as many hours as it takes and rea d as much as you can on this site...all these guys have tons if experience and info..that's what I did ....My 48cc Grubee starfire from Kings Motorbike is running good.

Back