newest build -chopper

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by yimmie, Nov 14, 2009.

1. yimmie

yimmie Member

20 inch front tire, 24 inch rear. works well . i can take off from dead stop. let me know what u guys think.

100_3354.jpg

100_3359.jpg

100_3364.jpg

100_3360.jpg

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

3. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

looks good! I would have kept the 26 in the front and raked it out, but thats just me, haha...

4. super dave

super dave Member

hey cool man. welcome back to the 60's

5. Egor

Egor Guest

That is so cool. You will get some looks with that. I love the seat, and the front end is perfect. Have fun, Dave

6. yimmie

yimmie Member

thanks for the comments guys. i thought it was a worthy build! keepin in mind some ppl on this site build some AMAZING Mb's. i think i did ok though keepin a pretty small budget. thanks again guys.

7. DJEEPER

DJEEPER Member

you did a good job yimmie. dont be discouraged by a little criticism. every build has some, but what is most important, is what you want/like.

Keep it up!

8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Looks great. You have captured the look (& most likely the feel) of the Muscle Bikes from the 1970's, (Stingrays & Crates etc....) in a grown up size!!

I like it!!

Wheelie on !!!!!!!

9. friggin beautiful! I love the color scheme. Just FYI you may be able to take off from a dead stop, but your clutch pads will wear out quick if you do that. I know because I used to myself and then I had to replace the clutch pad buttons. It's not fun working with asbestos!

10. yimmie

yimmie Member

thanks for the comments. i was goin for the adult muscle bike look. as for the clutch i will keep that in mind. i was unaware of any issues like that. the mb my friends daughter races has worked well like that so far. his daughter , him and i alike pretty much have been beatin the sh**t out of her mb, and to this day i know i could hop on and take right off. I will definatley be keepin an eye on it though.

11. yeah it's not too much trouble to fix, you can get either a clutch rebuild kit and replace the clutch plate or replace each pad one by one witha pair of pliers like i did.