next project for the modified whizzer engine

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by uncle_punk13, Aug 29, 2007.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

This will be the only post in this forum,from here on out any updatess on this one will be in the White Zone. This one won't have functional pedals. I just wanted to show a pic of what I've been talking about with the 1948 CZ 125 b twin port frame...

Attached Files:

2. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Sweet!!! Looks like an old BMW. That's gonna be purty!

3. vintage big possibilities

Hi Rif, IF WA will give you a break for having pedals, you could do "bogus pedals", like a true moped, and also use them to start the engine? I will do a total hillbilly, old raggedy barn design if you like?

Mike

4. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Thanks mike but i've pretty much got it all built and shiney in my head and a few sketches; The Albion three-speed has a kick starter, and kenny thomas showed me on his double whiz how to rig it up.
    I will however be open to and consider any ideas or suggestions!
    It will look nothing like what it is now, but, hey, that's the joy of scrounging up junk, you can do anything you want to it and not be destroying anything too nice!
    Also, WA has a section in the RCW's for 'antique Motor-Driven Cycles. That's why I like to use vintage frames fopr my builds- They don't look at the engine, just the frame is what matters when it comes to inspection and licensing.
    Thanks Mike!

5. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Rif, I like it! Keep us posted on the progress. Let me know if you need any help. If you find an extra 2 or 3 speed Albion, let me know. Received the carburetor today, thanks.
    Whizzer OuterBanks,
    Quenton

6. Is that a Puch fork and light shroud? Its beautiful.

7. WOW what a cool combo.:cool: you can use that Puch gas tank I have if you want.

8. retro_racer

retro_racer Guest

Hi Rif
    I had to show you this.I saw this,and right of the bat thought of you.

Attached Files:

9. Quenton Guenther

Hi, The bike is called Double Vision, owned by a friend of mine named Roger Brophy. The Whizzer has 2 "J" motors running "300" series cylinders & heads. The motors were built by Kenny Thomas, and with the financial aid [donations] of many Whizzer collectors it set a record at the Bonneville Salt Flats on Sept 6th, 2005. Terry McAllister [a well respected Whizzer collector] was at Bonneville to help Roger get the bike ready for the record. It ran 59 MPH one way and 61.5 on the return leg to set a new record. The motors are connected via cogged belts to keep them in the correct sequence. I don't know if they ran the motors on opposite strokes or "Twinkled" [both motors fire at the same time]. I have a few photos if any one is interested.
    Quenton

10. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Well duh...:grin::grin: I'm sure most of us here would be very interested! That is one sweet bike for sure.

11. JE

JE Guest

Yea I'd deffinitly love to see some pictures.

12. Quenton Guenther

Look in this forum under Double Vision. Let me know if you want more Photos of Unusual Whizzers and or record setting Whizzer events.
    Quenton

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007
  13. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Oh yes we do want them there photos!!!
    BTW- Jimmy Masters put the idea in my head of breaking that record.
    I only weigh 125, and am 5'7"...
    You guys wanna build one and I'll ride it?
    heheheh...

14. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Yes it is, good eye!
    I'm not gonna end up using it on this one, but will use it for another project in the future...

15. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Thanks, but I've got the tank from that (Puch) bike that I'll be using...
    I sure do appreciate the offer!

16. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

I have a inline2 cylinder IDE chainsaw from the 1940s. It sort of looks like half of an Indian4 motocycle engine in miniature(only its a 2stroke). I'm tempted to find an old frame of some sort to stick that into.

17. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

That would totally ROCK!!!
    I'll take two please...
    :lol::lol::lol:

18. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

antique saw motor possibilites

Okay Rif, here are a few picts of supertwinn motor I refered to in an earlier post in this thread. Here are some specs for this engine:
    Model: PD "SUPER TWIN"
    MANUFACTURED BY:IEL (Industrial Engineering Ltd.)
    VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA
    YEAR INTRODUCED: 1951
    YEAR DISCONTINUED: 1952
    ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 9.82 cu. in. (161cc)
    NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 2
    CYLINDER BORE: 2.0 in. (50.8 mm)
    PISTON STROKE: 1.5625 in. (40 mm)
    CYLINDER TYPE: Aluminum with cast iron sleeve
    INTAKE METHOD: Rotary valve integral with crankshaft
    WEIGHT :45 lbs. (20.4kg) powerhead only
    CLUTCH: Centrifugal 3 shoe with bonded lining
    DRIVE TYPE: Bevel gear transmission 3.2-1 gear ratio
    MAGNETO TYPE: Wico
    CARBURETOR: Tillotson MD-55A float type
    AIR FILTER SYSTEM: Brass wire screen
    STARTER TYPE: IEL automatic rewind with steel cable
    OIL PUMP: Eccentric driven piston pump in transmission with manual assist
    IGNITION TIMING: 27 degrees B.T.D.C.
    BREAKER POINT SETTING: .020 in.
    FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP: fixed, not adjustable
    SPARK PLUG TYPE: Champion J8J
    SPARK PLUG GAP: .025 in.
    CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Ball and roller types
    FUEL OIL RATIO: 10-1
    RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular
    This is probably more info than you wanted to know.
    Another saw I have that might adapt fairly easily is a David Bradley gear drive. This saw was made so that the bar could be optionalyy mounted on the outside of the gear housing when the saw was used for stump cutting. This feature would possibly make this saw easier to adapt to bike propulsion. It is powered by a 77cc power product engine. O have others sawws with this same engine, which was used by many makers during the 1950s and into the sixties.

Attached Files:

19. 50sville

50sville Guest

I have a old Mercury 2 Man chainsaw that is similar to that IEL. What a beast!
    I see you have a lohmann. Do you ever fire that up?
    Thanks Roy

20. buzbikebklyn1

buzbikebklyn1 New Member

Cool frame

I like the straight back bone tube... it reminds me very much of the old beemer hard tail frames... the head light and fork fairings are just too cool.
    Do you have any of the rest of the bodywork?
    Id loose the expandable panier baskets, and ive seen the perfect set of narrow single ribed alloy fenders for it...
    Hmm...
    A little black paint, a little chrome or polish, and the biggest honking 4 stroke motor you can shoehorn in maybe?