nice 36cc motorized mountain bike for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by thescooterguy, Nov 2, 2008.

1. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

this is a nice 36cc motorized mountain bike . its a differant design than you are used to seeing , i designed this system myself it uses a one piece aluminum motor mount that drives the front sprocket of the bike alowing you to shift gears in the back , ive built a number of these bikes and they are very dependable , no clutch all automatic shifting , easy stopping and going , this would be a great lady's bike , i used a brand new 36cc scooter motor with electric start . E start is not hooked up yet, still making sure i have the wiring correct for the brand new 12 volt 7.5 amp battery . thiis motorized mountain bike has nice rubber twist grip throttle kill switch , click shifters and button for electric start . here is a link to the pictures of this bike , if you click the pictures in the link it will take you to my photo bucket and you will see alote of the bikes ive made pluss some detail pictures on assembling my kit .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    or you can co to www.thescooterguy.org to see them . motorized mountain bike complete $300.00 or $350.00 with electrick start hooked up .

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008

2. eleseur96020

eleseur96020 Member

these are legally motorcycles right? I was under the assumption that it has to be motor assisted pedal drive. If you don't have pedals then it is a motorcycle to the dmv. Might be different in oregon. Also, are those the foot rests drilled into the frame?

3. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

in Oregon . 80cc and more you need motorcycle endorsement , 50cc to 80cc you need a drivers license , under 50cc you must be eligible to get your license but you don't actually have to have a license . and vehicle does not need to be license . ive really never had a problem . i just did a virtual test ride of this bike on youtube click the link below to see this bike
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tb9XGduecZI"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tb9XGduecZI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

4. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

heh!! I took your test ride today.:D

you have a private message.

6. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

that was dana , doing the test ride, she my favorite motored bike test driver , shes a brave one and pretty too . thanks for the phone call today dave , it was great talking with you .

7. eleseur96020

eleseur96020 Member

ok, seems there is a bit of disambiguation of the law in CA. does anyone know if it would be legal for someone to ride on of these in California? (because it has no pedals) Also, upon further review it looks like the right crank arm was hack-sawed off. Seems a little dangerous having a sharp piece of metal spinning at a high speed. Although a fender could take care of that problem. Great idea by the way, one of the more simpler rear derailleur mechanisms and it also freewheels, right?

8. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

i dont know about the laws in cali but if you can ride a 49cc scooter then you can ride this scooterbike . as for sharp things flying around on the crank , there are no sharp ends its is very smooth , and it really doest spin that fast . did you take the virtual test ride , ? you can go to thescooterguy.org to see more pictures ,

9. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

im not sure what you mean by freewheel . it coasts and rides just like a bike but no pedaling . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb9XGduecZI there thats the test ride , for the 36cc motorized bike , there is also a 49cc test ride if you need the speed

10. California Law

Hi CA. Motorized Bicycle law is in part:
    No pedals=no moped
    No moped=not legal motorbike
    No Pedals=Motor-Driven cycle
    Motor-Driven Cycle= Mininum 47.00 per year license, AND insurance AND motorcycle license

It is written:
    "capable of human propulsion, i.e. pedals"
    "less than 2 gross brake HorsePower"
    "less than 30 mph on level ground"
    "Maximum of a 2-speed automatic transmission, incapable of being manually shifted"

There is more, but I cannot see how we need any more?

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  11. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

thats no good

a quick fix would be a free wheeling front sprocket . ive seen them but i think there pretty spendy . i try to keep the cost of my bikes down , i think motored biking should be inexpensive fun . and just cutting off that pedal seams to be the cheepest way of solving the problem . some states just say alternate form of propulsion , so an electric hub in theory in some states would solve the problem also .

12. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

hey, to all wondering: in most stated BUT cali these are as much as legal as a 49cc scooter. u can ride a scooter, you can ride this. no insurance, no plates nuthin. just an id card.

BTW, what is the top speed on this sucker?

13. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

ya i call them a scooterbikes . the top speed on this 36cc scooterbike is hard to say . the motor is brand new so i really havnt wanted to push it too hard yet , i built this one for gas mileage . with the electric start you could charge a batery pack to run electric hub like a highbred car switch back and forth from gas to electric no need to plug in .

14. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

cool. does the price include shipping? (not like i have the room with 3 mb's and 2 scooters lol)

15. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

sorry shipping is extra , it prob 45 lbs my motor kit only weighs maybe less then 7lbs . i know the motor is 6lbs . if you want the kit with the 36cc motor , i will pay for the shipping

16. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

sorry this bike is sold but building another this one will be using a 49cc high compression cag motor

17. Meer123

Meer123 Member

awesome bike - I like that it's a different design than a happy time (no offence to those guys - I have built three of them myself) and it's nt a rack mount (which are very cool too but higher center of gravity) ... but your post and your ad do not give any specs ... approx top speed ? cuising speed ? MPG's ? Do you do custom builds ? Or, can you build on a bike I provide ? Do you only do cruisers and mtb's ? Or woul you build a road bike/hybrid as well ? What's the best motor you've used in terms of performance and durability ?

18. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

hi meer123, lots of questions there , i think most of them can be answered pretty easily at my websit www.thescooterguy.org , that trek is sold , but i have a few kits just like it , that was 36cc . best gas mi;eage of about 110mpg . i normaly try to pair that motor up with a person under 165lbs , thats why i have dana doing the youtube test drive , top speed maybe 35 or so , my favorite motor is the 49cc mitsubishi , all others like this one are only nockoffs , look for the m imbeded in the motor case , for speed and performance theres the cag 49cc i dont normaly go over 49cc , no need to really becouse my design uses the bike gears , a 49cc motor can do what an 80cc motor does but in most states no licensing required under 50cc. hope i answered your questions

19. strotter

strotter Member

What if you got the freewheel cranks that is sold with the jackshift kit from sickbikeparts? Then it would be pedal assist. Looks like in most situations there would be enough room.

I have a HT with a jackshift kit and love it.

I am about to start another project for my sons (13,14year old). I am thinking about a beach cruiser with a seven speed, hand brakes, jackshift front freewheel cranks with a "scooterguy" motor/motor mount. Any thoughts on why this wouldn't work?

20. thescooterguy

thescooterguy Member

yes with the freewheel front crank you need to assosiate the motor forward a bit more , and it should work , make sure the gears are correct, in that you need to make sure the chains dont rub on the front crank .