Nice Jackshaft Idea

Awesome work! It's too bad I have no use for it on my Stingray as it's singlespeed. Anybody wanna hook this thing up to a NuVinci hub? :)

In principle it should work on any bike but it is built specifically for the HT engines. Doesn't mean we wouldn't look at other powerplants in the future. I just don't have a 4 stroke laying around to see the mounting options. A friend of mine has a dead one that I could probably get to see if it is possible.

In principle it should work on any bike but it is built specifically for the HT engines. Doesn't mean we wouldn't look at other powerplants in the future. I just don't have a 4 stroke laying around to see the mounting options. A friend of mine has a dead one that I could probably get to see if it is possible.

Fantastic! As soon as you can get some sort of how-to developed, I want to see if I can develop a method to fit on a Robin 4 stroke.

ghost0,
sorry to be a pest but i just cant stop thinking about this mod! ive got a ffs crank system and keen as to have a crack at this asap. could you let me know a bit about jack shaft source? what tooth set up should cogs have? is this what im after http://www2.northerntool.com/product/23633.htm. i work in a bicycle shop and a budy recomends looking into "trials" bicycle cranks, they use the front freewheel set up. they put bmx spockets on the cranks.
trying to give something back for the wealth of info ive recieved!

I did a little search and it looks like the trials cranks will work and the jackshaft kit from Northern also looks good. I see two potential problems. I don't think you will get a BB spindle that is long enough and make sure that the chains fit the sprockets you get. As far as gearing, on the jackshaft I am using a 17t on the motor output side and a 10t on the freewheel side. The chainring that is driven by the jackshaft is a 36t and then I have a 24t on the chainring that drives the rear cassette. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update for anyone that is interested. The design has been finalized and got some preproduction parts. Rode a few miles yesterday and it is working extremely well. I planned on going for a long ride today to put some more miles on it but our lovely weather here in the Pacific Northwest isn't cooperating as usual. I attached some pics so you can see what the finished unit will look like.

Attachments

• Finished L.jpg
    Finished L.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 883
  • Finished R.jpg
    Finished R.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 936
Ghost0 ir looks like you relocated the jack shaft down on the final design.
I am waiting for a price.
As I live in the desert my I never have a real winter,spring is now.
Summer means an early 5 am ride for comfort.
Deciding on a dax 50 cc or your jackshaft setup

Back