no charges

rjones

Local time
1:54 AM
Looks like some laws need to be changed. I came across this on google.

10:36 AM Mountain Standard Time on Tuesday, October 21, 2008

By azfamily.com

PHOENIX -- A man riding a motorized bicycle is in very critical condition after he was hit by an SUV Tuesday morning.

According to the Pinal County Sheriff's Office, the 37-year-old man was riding a bicycle with a motor mounted on the back westbound along Hunt Highway between Thompson and Ellsworth roads.

He was riding between the white line and the edge of the road and was clipped by a full-size Ford Bronco driven by an 18-year-old male, according to Vanessa White with the sheriff's office.

White said the driver stopped and called 911.

The bicycle rider was taken by helicopter to Scottsdale Osborn Hospital in very critical condition.

White said the bicyclist was going approximately 25 miles per hour. The Bronco was traveling the speed limit, 45 mph, if not slower, because there was heavy traffic.

The driver is not facing charges

What can you say about that except sad, sad, sad? Last spring a guy got killed in my town on his way to work by a young girl that pulled right out in to him. She said the sun was in her eyes. No charges and he didn't have a motor on his bike even and he was in the flow of traffic to boot. The big thing is that few people are looking out for bikes in the first place. Time to bring back day glo I guess and wear it cause geeky looking is better than layed up or worse. But even being lit up like a christmas tree is no guarantee that someone in their cage is not paying attention. Be careful out there.

between the white line and the edge of the road

it appears that is exactly where we are suppose to be

and cars should not go over the white line

thus -- at the very least -- charges should be filed against the driver of Bronco

although main thing at this point would be -- prayers for our MB friend...

ride that thing

Yup, let's keep our MB friend in mind for now and hope for the best.

Still, even though he is not facing charges at the moment doesn't mean that he won't be facing them soon.

But the odds are against us on this; I've heard of too many stories in the past of people like this giving some lame-ape excuse and getting away with it.

I don't get that....motor or no motor if the bicycle rider was were he's supposed to be then why wasn't the car driver charged with something,anything.
So it's "open season" on ALL bicycle riders.

BTW...needless to say i'm excluding mechanical failure with the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, this guy might be one of us. Will those from AZ in particular check in and let us know you're allright? We'd appreciate that.

And even if he never found this site, he's still one of us.

You know, this guy might be one of us. Will those from AZ in particular check in and let us know you're allright? We'd appreciate that.

And even if he never found this site, he's still one of us.

That's the first thing that popped into my mind as well. The post said motor on the back, so it sounds like someone with a GEBE, Titan or other similar kit, and Zev0 popped into my mind first. Zev0, you still with us?

Yep, only the good die young, so I still have years and years to go. Only like 40 days left in AZ. Heading for Ocean Park to live.

Back