No hope of stopping the spooks from accessing your computer/data

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Whether you do your best to keep your private affairs private, the government spooks will gain access to your computer/data, no matter how many resources are thrown at protecting it.

A person needs to ask, "who is the real enemy of the people".

http://www.nsa.gov/academia/nat_cae_cyber_ops/index.shtml

2. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

I only skimmed the article, but I didn't see how it relates to the government collecting private data. But I do want to point something out. You may not be aware of this, but ALL google apps can anonymously collect private data. What they do with this data, I'm not sure. But this is exactly why I will never own another android device. Blackberrys are the most secure smartphones available. I know that there are other phones with better cameras, but that's not a priority for me. I'm not saying that BlackBerrys are perfectly secure, but they are a hell of a lot more secure than any android device. And with their new os, BB10, you have the ability to run android apps (not google apps specifically and the android apps run in a separate process so they're not able to collect any data besides what you input into them). My point is, if you're worried about security, you may want to look into another device or look into ways to make your android device more secure.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

We have no privacy anymore, so there is no point trying to protect yourself.

My greatest priority in a smartphone is for it to have the best camera available, even if it means that the phone is full of security flaws.