No Ht Motors For Usa In 2010

I came across this on the grubee website today.
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS ISN'T TRUE.

Hay USA!! Important Note for the upcoming 2010 year:
In 2010, at least as of Nov. 5th 2009, non of the 2 cycle engine factories in China have been able to get their engines EPA certified to the new rating of 40CFR 1051.

Meaning; no 2 cycle bike engine shipments will be able to enter the USA after Jan 1. 2010 unless something changes. From Jan. 2008 to March 2009 the EPA rating has been 40CFR 90 off road non hand held but now changed to 1051 off road recreational vehicle which is the same class as a snowmobile. USA Import Buyers beware;

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE WAKE ME UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE:confused::confused::confused::devilish::devilish::cry::cry:

Anybody who took some chemistry and biology classes should know that "carbon" (CO2) is not a poisonus gas they want you to believe, but basic lifegiving compound which along with other elements like oxygen, nitrogen etc is essential for existance of life.
Unfortunately, CO2 is not the problem. It's carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide takes no place in the plant life. What does excess carbon monoxide do? And what does excess carbon dioxide do if there aren't enough plants to convert that into oxygen?

I don't really know any of that stuff, because I don't care. I do know that there are several experts who have studied this stuff for the majority of their lives. This guy on National Geographic talked about how he has studied the Earth's temperature cycles thru the ages by looking at deposits in ice... or something like that. Basically, the temp has a consistent cycle of moving up and down.... and when the cycle was only halfway thru its downward trend, it started moving upward. So, *we* were the direct cause of ruining the Earth's cycle, which was unchanged. The temp is not constant, but the cycle WAS... until we reached the expansion of the industrial age.

BTW
No offense intended.

but seriously how long till we as humans are fitted with emmiksions controls.
In a world where you are fined for FARTING.

Darn methane regulations.......

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fuel injected 2 stroke is an oxymoron.

The whole point of two stroke engines are simplicity, low cost, and high power/weight ratio.
Well, I still want one.

2-stroke > 4-stroke
FI > carburetor
diesel > gasoline
rack > frame
rigid > suspension
29" > 26"
etcetera
etcetera

Gimme all the things that are GREATER THAN in one engine/build, and I'll buy it. But fuel-injection is a minimum for me. I'd pay beaucoup money for a compact, fuel-injected engine. That's all there is to it.

Also - gubmint will never ban two stroke engines and make them illegal - they will just regulate them out of existence.
MM... well, regulating a Tanaka out of existence is essentially the same as making carbureted 2-strokes illegal. They might not be illegal for me to possess, but they're illegal for the person I need to buy them from to possess, which is the same thing. They're "illegal" for n00bs.

..the HT motor sitting low in the frame of a cruiser style bike just looks good...old school.. like the early motorcycles.. like replicating a piece of history...if a high quality US made motor was made that looked like this , I would buy it..but it is what it is for now...Have a new pk80-j ..going to take it apart this weekend and do a little tinkering..have a Grubee Starefire installed on a bike ..runs and looks good...not like a Lamborghini though...but who cares ..Turtle says good hobby and cheeper than some of the others I have had

Last edited:
But most would need to register a motorcycle.

A fuel-injected, rack-mounted 2-stroke would more than likely not need registration, even in a state that required registration of MBs. It'd still fall in the "under the radar" category because of the pedals.

I never would've found this forum if it weren't for getting around the requirements for DL, registration, & insurance.

You can't convince me that there's something else I'd rather spend my money on for motorized transportation. It's just not possible.

Last edited:
But most would need to register a motorcycle.

A fuel-injected, rack-mounted 2-stroke would more than likely not need registration, even in a state that required registration of MBs.

In another thread here on the forum a member stated that these 49cc bikes are classed as mopeds in the USA...whats the general consensus on this (before i continue)

KiM

The general consensus is that if you use your head while riding, they're legal in all 50 states.

I think the majority of states have said they're completely legal and don't require much registration, licensing, etc. Just depends on each state, which is completely different from the next.

Mississippi has a vague definition of motorcycles as 2-wheeled motor vehicles, which would cause one to assume that MBs are motorcycles in the eyes of the law. Fortunately, I've only been stopped one time for not having a helmet and a headlight at night. I got a headlight ASAP and haven't had a single problem since... have been passed by police officers on countless occasions.

T
I think the majority of states have said they're completely legal and don't require much registration, licensing, etc. Just depends on each state, which is completely different from the next.

if you check each states moped laws MORE than not you need a drivers license to ride them legally along with registration & insurance in alot of states. Anything with a 50cc motor under 2bhp and pedals is classified as a moped.

KiM

Back