No Idle

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by lukasd2009, Jun 30, 2008.

1. lukasd2009

lukasd2009 New Member

I am new to this, but not completely ignorant. Anyway I got this motor recently and it runs great and such, it just wont idle. When I pull the clutch to stop it just shuts down. Is the idle supposed to be resting position for the throttle cable, if so then thats my problem cause there is no gap in the carb, or is it the idle screw I need to adjust?

2. BSA

BSA Guest

Idle screw I should think.

BSA

3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

I think that if you play around a little with the throttle screw -- things might come together for you --- a point of interest -- learned the hard way in the past -- when making adjustments -- keep track of how many turns in or out that we adjust -- just in case -- we want to go back to where we started.. Happy Riding from - Mountainman

4. lukasd2009

lukasd2009 New Member

I got it to idle just fine now, but I have a question about killing it. I don't have a kill switch as of now. So what I am doing is pulling the choke up and giving it some gas and it seems to kill it just fine, is that hard on it at all?

5. azbill

azbill Active Member

it should die within seconds just from giving it full choke
    ...if it doesn't, you probaly have an intake leak (the air has to be coming from somewhere)

6. BSA

BSA Guest

My bike didn't used to die strait away on full choke, moving the carb mixture c clip up a notch (richer) sorted it out.

BSA