No money to pay wages, yet the American military spends like there's no tomorrow

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

2. Dankoozy

Dankoozy Member

The USA govt needs a good war every 10 years to keep the military contractor gravy train going.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

And the way things are going America is positioning itself well for a protracted war in the middle east (half of the navy is sitting off the coast of Syria) - and that military contractor gravy train just keeps rolling along; draining the lifeblood out of the American people; some of them foolishly punching the air with victorious chant about "kicking ass" or better put, spending huge (unfordable and borrowed) sums of money to 'kick the colon' out of a manufactured enemy.

4. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

The US should invade the US, and win the hearts and minds back of the population by building roads, bridges and infrastructure putting people back to work. I am tired of seeing us police other countries when some of the biggest criminals are here in the US on wall St. , tired of sending aid to other countries when so many go hungry here.

tom-fishing likes this.
  5. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

I love it when people who don't live in america appoint themselves the right to trash it. Why don't you just watch a virtual tour of my house, then talk about how ugly my furniture is? And then like a stupid moron I'll agree with you about it instead of defending what I should be proud of. America is the greatest country in the world. I aint proud of everything she does, but godd*mmit, I'll stand up for her.

6. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Come on now Bean, it's the same as seeing an ugly girl and saying so, her parents think she's beautiful, even though the unbiased can see she ain't.America has been something to trash or exult since it's inception, the laughable notion that the founding fathers wanted equality for everyone, except negros, women, indians, or anyone else that didn't wear a powered wig is the height of hypocrisy.
    Kneejerk "america is the best" mantras only mean something if you have lived all over the world, other than that, anyone saying anywhere is the best is deluded, everything is relative.Now I WILL say, "we have all the water" so we are better off, but maybe not the best.

7. grinningremlin

Let's not point fingers, it's not American/Canadian/Australian/Serbian, it's called HUMAN.Human nature creates this setup everywhere in the world, and "almost" every human does it to a certain degree.All people rationalize and are hypocrites.The power some of these idiots has leads to bigger nonsense, IN ALL COUNTRIES!
    Sub if you want to tout Mr. Hicks, why not use a more poignant line,...
    "We (humans) are a virus with shoes"

Dankoozy likes this.
  8. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

Well, you know what they say, opinions are like ***holes, everybody's got one. I'll stick to mine.

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I'm all for a strong military to defend the USA, DEFEND IS THE KEY WORD. Since our inception we've been involved in more wars than any other country bar none. We've only been attacked 2 times, 41 and 2001. We need to mind our own business and worry about the USA.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  10. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

There is one huge problem with that concept: if the American government did as you would prefer, then the USA would have no reason to invade another country to bring "American democracy and corporate structure" to a country desperately trying to defend it's culture, history and religion. This would be disastrous for the American military industrial complex, feverishly lobbying other countries to purchase massively expensive (and highly profitable) American weapon systems to gather together in a coalition of the willing for the defeat of a media managed enemy.

11. grinningremlin

Well if you're dutch, smoke a fatty and mellow the h.e.l.l. out! Yes,... I'm afraid of cholera.
    200 mile a day range, let's see your ride.
    sun3.jpg

12. grinningremlin

OK, not trying to be a d.i.c.k. here, but you say you are a wrench at multiple BS, and you don't know what a LWB recumbent is??No frankenbike, it's a Sun EZ-Sport CX, look 'er up.If you don't know of Gardner Martin, I don't know what to say.One of my fave tributes to the dude, by Fast-Freddy himself.
    http://www.bentrideronline.com/?tag=gardner-martin
    Recumbents beat DF bikes everywhere but dirt.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  13. grinningremlin

Yup, 6ft short.I've yet to see your ride.Called on your lack of basic bike build knowledge, and your come back is "whatever you call it"??LWB recumbents have been around (and whipping up on DF's) since the early 1900's; I live 20 miles from a little town, the LBS has two.You've worked at multiple shops and don't know about them??
    There's a phrase for folks like you "dumb as a stump, and fighting proud".

14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

What have these last few posts got to do with this thread?

15. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Cat fight! I'll get the popcorn going someone else bring the brewskies. My money's on gremlin.

16. grinningremlin

Darwin, very funny, levity was missing.Fabian, yeah sorry, I'm an off topic rambler, shouldn't even reply to the joker.
    Sub if your idea of "nice" is backhanded compliments like "frankenbike" I can see why you have so many social skill problems.

17. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

This must then be the :beta1: discussion before it really gets going in earnest.

18. sublunacy

sublunacy New Member

gg is trying to ban me today. he just sent me a pm saying so. guess he looses by default.
    :idea:

19. grinningremlin

No such luck Francis, you were deleted by your own actions.I woke up to find your hundreds of useless posts,... POOF,... gone.I'm sure you've had similar experiences on other forums, touting superiority, then shown otherwise.
    You are your own worst enemy, there's no need for competition.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  20. Dankoozy

Dankoozy Member

well you did spew out an awful load of sh1te in this thread. I post regularly on several other forums where you would have been given the boot ages ago for that.