Tubes No More Flats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastwoodo4

Local time
8:16 AM
i havent had a flat in four months knock on wood.:unsure:what i did was put a 26x2.00 tire inside a 26x2.25 tire with a tube.little tight getting it together but seems to be the way to go.

SWEET! An extra thick tire. 4 months of motoring on an air tire is amazing!

Did the inside 26x2.00 tire have much tread on it? Also, how well does the bead seat?

there both white wall tires with a non agressive tread.and the tire set in the bead perfectly.i was getting a lot of flats with the 26x2.25 tire cause the tube had to stretch so far to blow it up.now with two tires it doesnt take much air to blow up hard and its been awsome.do u think this is patentable?

Absolutely BRILLIANT! I too had problems with compatable tubes. The ones at the Wal Marts were too small. It would inflate but the area around the valve stem is a thicker rubber so it won't expand with the rest of the tube leaving an air pocket prone to leaking especially with gel tubes. Did you keep the bead on the smaller tire as well? I could see how that can strengthen it leaving it on as long as you still have clearance to pass the valve stem thru.

i left both beads on.it worked out perfect.i imagine you could cut the bead off if u needed to.filipino ive been sticking it to the man for 4 months now with out a flat.lol i like your you tube vids!

Any Downside?

I was wondering if you discovered any downside to this yet? Again ... good thinkin!

This is what I run extra thick tubes with slime wrapped in and old heavy duty tube, pond liner liners and kevlar tires. Got the tube wrap idea from a 16yo down hiller.

Drive Wheel

That's good ... have you tried it as the drive wheel in a friction set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back