Tubes No More Flats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i drive a friction drive and its on the drive wheel.i never really had a prob with flats in the front.go figure.

Bi-Tires

Sounds good. I wonder ... would it be best if the inside tire was a slick type ... less tread so it fits snugger.?

Good idea. The Innova Swiftor might be a good one to use as the inside tire. It has a pretty thin sidewall, so if you wanted, it would be easy to use a pair of tin-snips to cut off the bead... Plus, at about $10 a tire, it's probably the cheapest slick tire you can fine.

Attachments

• iksct-1.jpg
    iksct-1.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
yeah i drive a friction drive and its on the drive wheel.i never really had a prob with flats in the front.go figure.

Friction rollers act like steamrollers; they mash that nail/splinter/glass shard deep into the tire.:geek:

With the front tire, less than half the weight of a bike and rider is the only thing pressing the nail/splinter/shard into it.

has anyone else tried it yet?mine is still going.

After two flats in as many months, I had to take action last night. When I put the new tire on the rear wheel, I also installed the old tire INSIDE the new tire, along with thicker tube.

I'll do the front as soon as I find another old tire to stick in.

There is no reason to stick a NEW tire inside another NEW tire. Recycle the old tire into the new tire.

Also bought tire patch kit and small air pump to carry on "The Dragon Lady".

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ranting here,
Why can't "they" make a good, heavy duty tire for bikes? Such weak, crappy tires on a motorcycle or scooter just wouldn't fly. DOT regs. should apply to bicycles too; somewhat.
I think...
OK, I'm done.
WC

I'm with you, Nuttsy.

Every time I get a flat on my way to work my attendance suffers. It's a good thing my employer is lenient about this. Another company might threaten to fire me.

Then I'd have to give up my idea of commuting to work via bicycle.

Then I'd have to pay $81 for monthly parking and more $$ for gas.

And be less "green".:rolleyes:

hi heaven hope u have as good of luck as i have.just make sure your old tire dosent still have somthing sharp in it.did u have any problems mounting?

eastwoodo4, after I mounted the rear tire, I avoided the bikepaths with broken glass.

Now I ride on the main road and claim the curb lane. There is far less glass on the road than bikepaths. With double-tire casings I hope to have flatless rides like you.

I'm in the process of building a push trailer, using a 16 X 2.125 knobby tire and 16" BMX plastic wheel. I'm also using double-tire casings here.

:unsure:Double-tire is the best idea of flat protection I've heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back