Tubes No More Flats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great idea that's why! My bro's ride still has air tires, and they are fat 2.10's, so I'm sure an old tire in each one will make it better. He's never had a flat yet, but the keyword is yet.

Just Thinkin' Outloud...

I was just wondering if anyone thought to use rubber cement when installing the tire-in-tire. Just to help keep things in place? Add another layer of something? Would it even be useful?
Thoughts; Opinions; Concerns?
WC

could just end up with a mess.trying to get them mounted with liquid rubber squirting out the side.just my thoughts.nothing beats a try but a failure as my dad would say.

their catching on :)

:unsure:Yep, and it makes a whole lotta sense recycling that old tire you were just gonna throw away. I even did the "tire-in-a-tire" with my 16" push trailer wheel.

Nuttsy, no need for rubber cement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, so much for the tire within a tire concept. Been like 3 or 4 days now and guess what? Went to wheel bike out for a ride today, and there it was, flatter than a pancake. Sheesh. There MUST be an answer other then those dag-gummed solid tubes.

even cars get flats.sure it wasnt a spoke?where was the whole?im not saying its the cure all but it has been for me[knock on wood].hope you work something out!

The hole was in the side of the tube. Not really a hole, but more like an abrasion. It was a $2.59 tube so I believe it may have been defective. That and the fact that it was a balloon tire with a max psi of 35. I'm like 280 pounds and the tire looked really low, so it was riding on the sidewall most of the time which really makes it suceptible(sp) to punctures. I have since ordered a couple of acrobats that will inflate to 70 psi which should remedy the situation.

Now I have physical problems. Got clobbered by an suv while riding my wifes scooter. Doing 30 mph and an idiot turned left directly in front of me. BAM!!!!!
So now, I have a couple of cracked ribs and bruises and soreness through the whole of my body. It will be awhile before I get to try out the new tires, but I'm hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back