No! My carb does NOT need to be perfectly level to run correctly. Prove me wrong.

yuckfoo

Local time
9:03 AM
If the bowl was 4mm deep then yes, fuel wouldn't enter the venturi very easily at even the slightest angle. That's why they are as deep as they are. If a perfectly level carb was necessary then the bike would only run on perfectly level roads. Simple pure logic.

And go...

If the bowl was 4mm deep then yes, fuel wouldn't enter the venturi very easily at even the slightest angle. That's why they are as deep as they are. If a perfectly level carb was necessary then the bike would only run on perfectly level roads. Simple pure logic.

And go...
If doesn't have to be perfectly level, it has a range it can operate in and you can even exceed that range for a little bit like when riding a wheelie but it may flood or runout of gas if you don't get the carb back in its operating range in time.

Modern motorcycle carbs are made so the main jet sits in the center of the floatbowl. It's been this way since the Amal Concentrics and Dell'Orto's went concentric float body from their antique SS model carbs.

The Yamaha PW50 clone carbs are especially decent little carbs for converting CG engines over from the NT's. Having an enrichment circuit, a real idle mixture jet and control needle, viton float needle and a poly float all mean the carbs stays in perfect adjustment once you dial in the main jet.

They're tolerant of E10 and easy to find main jets.

They're tolerant of E10 and easy to find main jets.
Those clone carbies you speak of may be tolerant of ethanol gasoline because of viton, but the crank seals in the motors are not so tolerant of ethanol on our 2 cycle China Girl motors...I still recommend running ethanol-free gas if it all possible for this reason...lol...That is all i run in these and have never had to replace any motor seals or internal motor parts in any of my bikes over 8 years now that i have been in this little hobby/sport of ours...DAMIEN

Those clone carbies you speak of may be tolerant of ethanol gasoline because of viton, but the crank seals in the motors are not so tolerant of ethanol on our 2 cycle China Girl motors...I still recommend running ethanol-free gas if it all possible for this reason...lol...That is all i run in these and have never had to replace any motor seals or internal motor parts in any of my bikes over 8 years now that i have been in this little hobby/sport of ours...DAMIEN
I learned that with my first bike. Excellent advice to stay away from vodka in the gas. Vodka was made for drinking, not for the fuel tank.

Back