"no-name" 49cc 2-stroke scooter engine

augidog

Local time
12:31 AM
anyone have, or ever use one of these?
yhst-92821211804676_2049_123985140.jpg

there's a few sources, but no tech-info...

thanks in advance for any help :cool:

thanks for moving this...for some reason i can't post attachments in this area.

I can ask my neighbor. We have a similar engine, on a pocket bike,except that it has an electric start on it. I can't remember what he said about it, he knows way to much about small engines.

yes! it comes with or without electric start, commonly used on "X7" pb's i believe...i'm sure yer buddy knows way more about small engines than i do, any info would be greatly appreciated.

the firebelly setup is 4-stroke (HS or Honda) based...thanks anyway.

(sure would like to meet ya...when you think you'll be back OP way?)

thanks mucho, i'll see what i can dig up with that :)

so, do you have any real-time feedback on performance and durability? have you guys ever bought a replacement & where & how was it? does the electric starter double as the charging system?

etc?

etc?

:cool:

The pic you show does not have the electric starter.

The bike came out of the desert missing stuff and broken. Mark likes the engines say the are very reliable, "made in Japan". Carb was made in Ireland, good, or China, bad.

really, made in japan? someone else who was helping mentioned mitsubishi, but i didn't get any details...

tho the source is still dubious, that feedback's pretty encouraging for the price...i sure appreciate the help :)

i bet it would make a great budget plant for high-gear (and low-abuse) roadtrips along the coast. if i'm still in need of an engine in may then i think i'm gonna try one :cool:

(i can get either version, the starter would merely be a tempting future project)

Last edited:
Back