No Politics In The Green Door!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Tom

Tom Active Member

This forum was supposed to be a place we could talk about making our vehicles and the sport more environmentally-friendly. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO DISCUSS POLITICS.

Please keep in mind that POLITICAL THREADS and DISRESPECTING OTHER MEMBERS will result in infraction points and subsequent banning. If you want to talk about things of this nature, you may do so freely in the combustion chamber.

2. augidog

augidog Banned

hi boss :)

again, thanks for the new area...i think we maybe need more definition, because "green" on it's own is ALL politics (even tho some of us really hugged some trees, but i don't need any more infractions so nevermind...) and both sides of the fence have a lot to say it seems.

i really did mean "green door" as a lampoon on the whole thing, but with (i swear) the proper frame of mind and all due respect to environmentalists. btw-i was a member of the "rocky flats truth force" & spent a year in the teepee on the tracks, me and a lab/retriever named "stash"...i ain't no prude just an MB-pragmatist.

and don't forget about the "70's-perv" thing too ;)

anyways, to me this is about forward motion & preserving The Motorsport as something more than just a cute hobby.

can we find some middle-ground on the forum-description? other side of the coin to be fair, maybe you could compose a "mission-statement" about what you'd expect to see in here...we don't mind if it gets a lil' political, either, this is your house after all buddy :cool2:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

I think we can discuss environmental issues without referring to political parties.

The fact that you are willing to read a "motorized bicycle" forum indicates that you are an independent thinker that doesn't follow the pack.

None of us are on this forum because we thought it would impress somebody.

4. kerf

kerf Guest

Environmentalism has become a political ideology in and of itself. I remember the days when it wasn't, it was about air, oceans, rivers and forest but I'm afraid those carefree days are gone forever. You see, from the perspective of many millions of people (growing every day), environmentalism has become about political power and redistribution. Disagree if you will but these issues are a powder keg and 2010 going to mark the lighting of the fuse.

5. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

The discussion of religion and politics is a recipe for diaster on forums unless they are dedicated toward that purpose.

Seems pretty staight-forward and clear to me. I see no limiting factors in keeping on this track. It's something I endeavor to do and think a worthy component in my eventual goals developing my MBs to their full potential.

Again, nothing preventing anyone initiating threads on their chosen subjects in the CC.

6. kerf

kerf Guest

I agree, just pointing out the potential for controversy in these topics. I much prefer having these discussions in the CC because the rules are different, heck what am I saying, there ain't no rules.:devilish:

7. Waterfowl

Waterfowl MBc-Sponsor

If you haven't figured it out yet. Members like this are the problem. How clueless do you have to be to bring up politics in a thread about not bringing up politics?

8. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

I didn't interpret his reply that way. I feel he was making a point about how difficult it will be to keep politics seperated from environmental issues.

9. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Difficult? I think it's darn near impossible.

10. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Unfortunately, environmentalism is the new religion of the political left and wealth redistribution to less wealthy countries is their new religion.

The new forum should be deleted since politics and environmentalism are inexplicably intertwined.

11. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I had already mentioned that the "Green Door" should be a sub-forum of the combustion chamber. Once the new forum was created, I knew where discussion was going to go. You just can't separate the "Green agenda" with politics. That's why I like to associate my motorized bikes and motorcycles with the conservation movement, that is, conservation of finite natural resources. Totally voluntary, no gubmint required, no taxes.

12. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

I agree that it is nearly impossible at times, but I do my best to respect others views in Censored areas. Sometimes we slip up, I'll say sorry for my own actions...

I hugged a tree naked once but didn't do it again, got a sliver...

Just wanted to warn the guy's...

13. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Bitting tongue right now....

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  14. Happy Valley

Give it a rest

Closing in on 8K member registrations and yet the same redundant complainting despite having had created and gained access to an unmoderaterd forum, a few seem discontent unless all forums adhere to their whims and not the wishes of the administators.

One of the mundane fallacies of logic is attempting to create false premise and then have it masquerade as established fact. Phrases that arbitrarily tack on "movement" or "agenda' are like a garment made of whole cloth created to fit any whim.

15. kerf

kerf Guest

I'm not wanting to bellyache here, just wanting to point out an issue. I'll post here when I have something to say and being a sweet lovable teddy bear, I'll keep the politics to myself. I grew up in the woods, love the outdoors and really don't like some of the environmental destruction I've seen. I would hope that we, on this forum, can have our discussions about issues and in a productive manner. I respect Tom, our Admins and Mods and hope everyone can follow the rules.

16. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

No, YOU give it a rest.

For someone with the name "Happy Valley", you are one of the most UN-happy people on the forum. Who pizzed in your cheerios? Someone can't voice their opinion without being told to "give it a rest?"

Sheesh.......

17. kerf

kerf Guest

AG,

Speaking of the environment, how's the shoveling going? Can you plow snow with that MB?:grin5:

18. Happy Valley

One opinion's as good as the next and I'll voice mine but hopefully not become wearily redundant.

BTW, I'd note that a sign of a person being not happy with themself is their inability to make a salient point without it being a personal attack.

19. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Just watching the snow fall and accumulate at this point. No point in trying to clear the snow when you know another several inches are coming!

There was an old 2 cycle snowthrower in my garage that I was thinking of stripping down for parts for a friction drive project, but instead, I got it running last night. It'll be good for my son. He's looking forward to earnng a few bucks clearing walkways and driveways.

20. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Whatever, Dr. Phil. :rolleyes7: