no rings in new happytime engine. wtf?

so i guess as far as our hobby goes its safe to say that even locktite isnt enough? its pretty sad that you have to be an experienced small engine mechanic to get any reliability or proper performance out of this with the parts you get.

this MIGHT get fixed......but you can be rest assured that when it goes back togeather its going to done right..... IE balanced crank.... porting.... pipe and carb and all the other **** i cant afford.
if i had any sort of credit id probley go and buy myself a ruckus scooter

LMFAO,

Here's a vid of his motor going together at the factory guy's!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ZfkS20oYI&feature=related

OOohhhh, I'm cryin here!!!

holy christ haha i at least expected some sort of factory like assembly line. instead, there made by some goom-bah with a 5lb sledge?

While the movie demonstrates that these engines aren't built in a modern automated factory, driving an oil seal in a crankcase or installing the piston in the cylinder does indeed require the use of a mallet or hammer. You never know, the one the guy was using could have had a leather head. I have one that I use to install pistons in engine blocks.......

As far as the ringless engine goes, it is a feature - not a defect. A ringless engine has no rings to wear out. Brilliant! :giggle:

LOL. I love AG's brite side to things.... No hacking goin on here!!!
RMW, hope ya know we are wishin ya luck here man!
Could always use 10,000 W 8,000 oil for fuel mix to get a good compression seal in it!

the pondering of oil already ran through my mind this afternoon lmfao!

the good news to this story is that i now consider myself officially inducted into the HT world... and paul is sending me a set of rings monday so by this time next week ill be riding again lol

I wish I had extras brother, I'd tell you to come over and get em.

I still got that one from the saw I told you about. Best thing you can do now is get the I.D. of the cylinder measured, just incase. Do you have a caliper and know how to use it?

Make sure when you put those rings in that you line them up with the little nipples on the piston correctly! They keep the rings from spinning in the cylinder. It takes a little patience putting back together.

np mort. the rings are coming from stoney creek (about an hour or two from you) i should have them by thursday next week but what a **** off!
im a good 2 day ride from you but if all goes well from here on out (and i feel confident that its somewhat reliable id chance a ride down to the states seeing as ive never been there before!
-dave

the pondering of oil already ran through my mind this afternoon lmfao!

the good news to this story is that i now consider myself officially inducted into the HT world... and paul is sending me a set of rings monday so by this time next week ill be riding again lol
One thing that occurred to me.Letter post goes through rollers & wierd angles....that's not good for brittle/mostly inflexible rings.
Guess he knows what he's doing.

Back