No throttle control

motorfanatic06

Local time
7:41 AM
I recently installed the power king L.E. 49cc motor kit on bike. It works great except the throttle does not work at all. What happens is I pull the clutch start pedaling, release the clutch, and then the engine starts. The engine immediately kicks up to full speed. I can only control the bike with the brakes. I am wondering if there is too much slack in the throttle cable. Please help.
Thanks!:)

no! the opposit is hapening. with the motor off, rotate throttle (easy but quickly) back and forth. you should hear a click a both extremes. if you dont, take off air cleaner, look inside-when you turn the handle does the slide go up and down. your cable can be kinked or frayed or out of adjustment, if not remove carb and clean, they are delicate, when reinstalling carb, seal gasket area. i hope that helps

The same thing happened to me. Turned out I didn't assemble the carb correctly and the sleeve with the throttle cable was not aligned correctly and was jammed open. I somehow didn't get the groove lined up with the little protrusion in the carb body.

Back