Bike Security no wiring Bicycle Alarm with pager/remote for under $50.00

Discussion in 'Stolen Bicycles & Security' started by Samdallas214, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

Check this out an 2 Way Bicycle alarm with a remote that works as a pager as well.
    so if some one tries to take your bike it will let you know even if you are away from the bicycle,
    best of all no wiring required and it's own battery as well and it under $50.00.
    I will be ordering one on the 22ed
    Ebay and Amazon has them same price same dealer witch is in china.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270993236819?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

http://www.amazon.com/Bicycle-Contr...eft+Alarm+Audible+Sound+Security+Lock+Bicycle

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Thanks for those useful links.

3. DoIt AllPauls

DoIt AllPauls Member

If anyone gets 1 of the Alarms please post what you thank about it.
    I will be buying some king of alarm for my Motorized Bicycle.

4. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Brilliant!

For a little extra you may want to consider one of those GPS tracking devices which take a SIM card and message you constantly with the exact location of your bike. That way you can follow your stolen bike back to the thieves house... and ask for it back politely.

Bait bike anyone?

5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

a "little extra"?
    try a lot extra

6. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

Not only a lot more but there wiring and adding a battery.
    This is a cheap system that does what it need to not much more and no wiring and you do not have to add battery

7. Anton

Just checked and you can actually pick up a GPS tracking device for under $50.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-Spy...racking-Device-for-GSM-GPRS-GPS-/221096888676

Battery is internal and the unit is magnetic. Insert a sim card (requires a mobile phone plan/prepaid of course) and then turn it on. Once it's GPS coordinates change (when your bike has been stolen and is moving) it starts messaging your phone the GPS coordinates every 30 seconds. If you set it up right you could actually pursue the thief in real time with a laptop and a mapping program!

8. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's designed for use in a car so it's harder to conceal and you don't know it's electrical requirements. In a car if it's connected to the main battery then how much current it drinks in is of no concern.

9. Anton

Dimensions are 64mm x 46mm x 17mm. You could put it under your seat. The battery lasts for 48hrs.

10. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

well worth the Cash

11. Saddletramp

Saddletramp Member

They had three left when I bought mine. Like lojack for a bike. 129.00. Drop it down the seat tube. Give 5.0 your address. If the Cops get within an 1/8 of a mile they can pick it up. Battery lasts 6 months. Need to call PD and tell them the bike has been stolen. I think its Alvar Industries, Somona, Ca. I have $$$ in my bike. Hope this helps.

12. DoIt AllPauls

DoIt AllPauls Member

Dallas Police will not come out for stolen property of any kind with a value under $2,500.00 or less, you have file a complaint over the phone or over the Internet.
    Even with a value of $2,500.00 a stolen MB is considered as a low priority call and could take several hours for them to respond . and they wonder why Theft is so high

13. Large Filipino

Large Filipino New Member

I'm digging that because I'm never too far away from my bikes.
    Some of those links are expired but i just copy paste on the e bay search bar.