NO2 and Butane boost? Will I blow my motor?

CMon3y

Local time
8:53 AM
I have been looking at cheap fun performance mods to add. One that caught my attention was the bike pump whip cream nitro injector. After much research people have come to the conclusion that with out additional fuel they run lean and can blow your engine.

My my idea to make a "wet inject" Nitrous system with out all the extra add ons of a fuel pump and solenoid is:

Use a butane torch lighter this has the added benefit of being able to adjust gas flow. I would use an adapter to fill the torch lighter with 8 gram of NO2 from the bike pump and then mix 8 gram of butane in the same torch lighter. Then of course remove the ignition source from the lighter and run tubing to your carburetor.

I then can dial it in with the correct presure and fuel mixture.

I got this idea from a kid on a Gas RC car forum. He was trying to run pure butane to his carburetor and it was burning to rich.

you can mod these engines to kick ass without anything special like nitrous oxide.
When I was done with mine it was accelerating up hills although I lived at 8000 ft where the air has 27% less oxygen. and no. I didn't gear it down with a big rear sprocket.

Yes, there are many proven mods for 2 strokes, everything from external mods like better carbs and exhausts to internal mods ranging from mild portwork to adding reeds and cutting additional transfer ports into the cylinder.

And don't forget engine gears, a jackshaft makes a world of difference if your bike has gears.

I've been mulling over the same thing, no reason it couldn't work but I've had trouble thinking of a good delivery system. you might be on to something with the butane torch

did it yonks ago with needle valves and petrol. one for nos, one for petrol, and a venturi into the inlet manifold. tuning was pia...

certain mikuni carbs with the "bypass" choke system can be modified to add the needed fuel;)

no reason not to do it for a laugh, remembering that petrol should contain oil in a 2 stroke...butane doesnt.

ever sprayed nos into a lighter flame? fun :)

Back