Chain Tensioner Non wheel bearing Chain Tensioner Wheel

gearhead222

Local time
4:06 AM
Dear Fellow Members-Could not find any specific info on this. I had to replace my ball bearing tensioner wheel with one that doesn't have one, due to the inner steel sleeve wearing out on the ball bearing tensioner. How bad are these non ball bearing idllers? Gonna make another sleeve today, but hope to get rid of this stock tensioner assembly in a couple of weeks when my Bajamotorsports idler wheel comes in and I mount it to the seat tube and use a KMC 710 BMX chain!:) (Thanx Misteright!) Thanx for any info:) Gearhead

Last edited:
The solid plastic idler wheels are lame.
Use grease between the mounting bolt and idler wheel to make it slightly less lame.

Last edited:
How lame are they?Has anyone had them catrastrophically fail? I did make another steel sleeve for my ball bearing idler wheel axle and perhaps I will reinstall it-Gearhead

I never had one long enough to wear it out, I just got rid of it after reading all the problems they have on the chat forums.

BTW, I REALLY appreciate the second link and sent a detailed e-mail to the seller. Will update you ASAP! Thanx again dude!:)-Gearhead

Last edited:
Back