noob gas tank question

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sgt.pepper, Aug 7, 2014.

1. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper New Member

Hi i'm brand new to motored bikes and i'm about to buy a complete bike that has a broken gas tank. I wanted to know how difficult it is to replace a gas can. and also i wanted to know if you can put a motorcycle gas can with a larger capacity on a motorized bike. And if you cant, places you can get 4+ liter gas cans. thanks. also sorry if i posted in the wrong section i'm brand new to this forum.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014

2. shinjinian

shinjinian Member

It's as simple as unbolting the old tank and bolting on the new one and putting the gas line back on (with a hose clamp to secure it). People have used motorcycle tanks on these bikes without any problems so if you find a cheap one to use go for it.

3. sgt.pepper

sgt.pepper New Member

Could yall tell me if there are any concerns about a gas tank fitting on the bike.

4. shinjinian

shinjinian Member

You shouldn't have any problems fitting it on the bike. If you're using a normal gas tank (which is more than enough and should give you a 70+ mile range) you'll have no problems with. A motorcycle tank should be no problem either but it all depends on the design of the tank and how you want to mount it.