noobie:)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mase1981, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

hi guys.
    i just purchased my 80CC engine kit. it hadnt arrived yet. i am trying to learn about it... how to install , how to make the oil gas mixture ETC....
    is there any manuals on this forum:)
    thanx!

2. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

it should come with one but if it doesnt there are a few distributors for the kit that should have a downloadable pdf on their site.

Good place to ask questions. lots of good people with good experience here. Welcome to the site

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  3. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

hi, thanx for the answer:) yeah i downloaded a few. just wantyed to know if theres a video or something. i dont wana do something wrong... i have a lot of questions, i dont wana be anoying lol.:) i still dont understand how to make the gas/oil mixture and i dont wanna do something wrong when i will install it....

4. give me vtec

for a mixture of 20:1 for a gallon of gas use 6.4 oz.

for 16:1 use 8 oz

if you have any other ???'s just ask. Don't feel anoying, we have all been there.

5. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

once again thanx for the help man:)
    ok, i am SLOWLY understanding LOL....
    i understood that the first tank is 16:1, the second tank is 20:1 then im done with the break in period and its 35:1...
    now the thing is, im getting a really hard time understanding this.,,, im a tech geek lol not an engine one:)
    i know liters and not oz....:(
    thats y im having trouble understanding the ratio...
    can you translate this to liters?
    another question, i still hadnt bought the bike it self....
    i am waiting on the engine....
    is it ok if i will post a link to a bike at wallmart im thinking about buying and u tell me if the 80CC engine will fit on it?
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WELCOME:)

6. give me vtec

in metric...
    16:1 = 3.785411784 liters of gas to 236.5882365 mililiters of oil

20:1 = 3.785411784 liters of gas to 189.2705892 mililiters of oil

I dont know about buying a wal mart bike... try getting a quality older bike from craigslist or something

7. my walmart bike runs great

8. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

hi. thanx for the reply:) now i understand the ratio lol:) but i see we should put really really small amount of oil in every 2.5 litters, really small amount... is that normal?
    ur saying i shouldnt buy a wallmart bike?
    cabinfever, how long ago did u buy ur bike? is it runing ok with a 2 stroke engine? no problems?
    and give me vtec, what would be considered a normal bike? (brand etc) i dont know much about bikes:)
    also i understood i should NOT buy full suspension but only front one. what about the breaks? what is the difference between a disk break (which i understood is no good) between the rest?
    what are ur recommendation about the bike?
    ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  9. give me vtec

disk brakes are great... thats what they use on cars and motorcycles. If you dont know what I mean about wal-mart bikes being cheap go to a reputable bike shop that offers $400+ bikes and test ride them. Then go to wal mart and test ride the one you are looking at, I think the difference should be obvious. Motorized bikes see a ton of extreme wear and tear, some people say the wal-mart bikes are ok but I cant bring myself to trust one at 35+mph. Not when you could buy a good diamondback or GT mountainbike from craigslist probably for cheaper. Dont get me wrong I like the black wal mart schwinn, I almost bought one... it just seemed to cheaply made for $119.00.

this is why no wal mart bikes for me...

http://motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=21220

10. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

hi. i replied to ur PM:)thanx!

11. i had my $99 walmart scwhinn delmar bike for a while now,its the best bike i ever had and the only thing that broke was a tab on the front fender that i replaced with a small L bracket and bolt.the bike was screaming please put a motor on me.

48cc dualstart dualclutch starfire gt-2 grubee 44t sprocket topspeed so far 35mph 180-200mpg
    mileage total = 300 miles

12. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

nice man.... and the frame wasnt too "fat" to install the motor on? can u post a link to the bike?

13. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

14. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

guys, another question...
    if i got the 2stroke engine kit
    without any additional shifting kit or whatever.
    will i still be able to paddle regularly without using the engine and shift gears?

15. azbill

azbill Active Member

yes, all you have to do is hold or lock the cltch lever and pedal like a normal bike
    (with a little added weight and drag)

16. duivendyk

duivendyk Guest

Why be so confusing!,16 to one is 1600 cc of gas for 100 cc of oil,or 60 cc of oil per liter (1000 cc) and 20 to one is 50cc of oil per liter or 2 liter per 100cc much simpler than all this silly confusing fluidoz&gallon nonsense.We have that nitwit Ronald Reagon to thank for still being the ONLY country on this planet saddled with such a ridiculous completely outdated non-system??? of measurements.

17. mase1981

mase1981 New Member

lol
    so true:)