Nova Scotia, Canada Need help about riding here

G

I look up on the Service Nova Scotia - Registry of Motor Vehicles website and just found this.

What does this Clause mean is it legal to drive them if i keep it under 30 thirty kilometres?

Clause 2(c) of Chapter 293 of the Revised Statutes, 1989, the Motor Vehicle Act, is repealed and the following clause substituted:

(c) "bicycle" means

(i) a vehicle propelled by human power upon which or in which a person may ride and that has two tandem wheels either of which is 350 millimetres or more in diameter or that has four wheels any two of which are 350 millimetres or more in diameter but does not include a wheelchair, or

(ii) a vehicle propelled by human and mechanical power that is fitted with pedals that are operable at all times to propel the bicycle, that has the same wheel requirements as set out in subclause (i) and that has an attached motor driven by electricity not producing more than 500 watts or with a piston displacement of not more than 50 cubic centimetres and is incapable of providing further assistance when the vehicle attains a speed of thirty kilometres per hour on level ground;

I can't find anything els on the website about motorized bikes ?

sounds legal as long as its not bigger than 50cc and you dont go blaring down the road at 50mph

of course its a big difference I was just simply stating that tearing down the road at warp speed will get you noticed but just putting along wont.

Back