Novice rider in Florida

khutcht10@Yahoo.com

Local time
11:51 AM
:cool:I everyone, I knew to both motorbikes and internet forums.
I bought a kings 80 cc motor kit. Proud of myself putting it together. I'm not mechanical and the instructions where a bit vague. I 'm proud to say for an old gal I put it together myself. My husband is more of a gray tape and bigger hammer type with parts left over. All done and I'm riding! The 11 year old down the street thinks it's coll. I ride 5-7 miles to play tennis. I was trying to find an electric bile or kit but it was too costly and hard to find.
I love my new motor but I have a few questions if anyone can help.
Starting: I was a college athlete, but I'm turning 50 and I have to peddle like a badman to get it started in the morning. New spark plug? What kind? NAPA couldn't help. I also have oil/gas leaking around the motor. Everything seems tight. Any sugestions.

Hi Welcome to MBc! Home of many answers, and awaiting your ideas.
Can you follow the trail and see where the leak is coming from? Also, I use a NGK B6HS Plug. gapped to .030 I just bought one from napa. I also purchased this same plug from many other auto parts stores.

General request to all new members.
Please, before posting any questions, do a search. Then READ,READ,READ.
There is a ton of information here. Many of your engine and performance issues in the Garage & Tech/Mech Help have already been covered. Here at MBc we are the home of nearly all MoteredBike questions. If you search and are unable to find your answer, don't hesitate to post your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D
Here's a great post link to get you started.
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=9263&highlight=things+done+first+time

Last edited:
hello

welcome to MBc...my suggestion is start reading things in the thread here:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92..it may be a bit overwhelming, so what i did was start on the last page and work forward...also if you can post a picture please do so in picture gallery and ask your questions there, you'll get more answers good luck these ht are a chore, but very cool in the end. good luck and happy motoring!

Thanks for the quick reply. I already read a few treads. Safety guides were on the money. Both my tires neede to fe replaced and trued. New seat and a bike helmet. And oh ya, that motor is HOT.
The leak? Already remove gas line and shut off valve and retightened. Checked bolts. The oil is on the front and around spark plug.
Thanks everyone!

Welcome to MBc,

If oil is on front near spark plug, it might mean oil is blowing back up from the exhaust. Those flanges on the muffler are not always the best finsih for it to tighten up squarly.
Hope to see some pics of your bike and the oil on the plug, it's easier to determine what's what that way.

All the Best

BoltsM

Back