Carby NT Carb Flooding

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by cosworth, Feb 8, 2013.

1. cosworth

cosworth Member

Having just finished my first bike (but having years of experience wrenching on cars) I find myself puzzled. When my bike sits overnight I find that it floods and is very hard to start the next morning. I have no air leaks, have checked the float level, inspected for dirt in all passages and float leaks. Nothing! I was told by the company that I bought it from that the recommended gas mixture of 16:1 should be changed to something above 20:1. I reluctantly did it and of course it didn't change a thing. Anybody got any other suggestions.
    I appreciate this forum and have read some really good advice. Right now I'm open to all suggestions.

2. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You need a proper carburettor setup.
    Do a Google search for:

"Walbro Style Carburettor for Rock Solid Engines Reed Valve Intake"

3. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

4. cosworth

cosworth Member

Float height is correct and float has been check for pin holes - nothing there. Also, as a former motor cycle rider of many years, I always turn the petcock off. Thanks for the reply.

5. cosworth

cosworth Member

That is a very involved and complex solution to a simple problem. There are tons of people out there running NT carb's without problems. There has to be a simple solution but thanks for your input.

6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

But it is also a very reliable, not to mention good looking solution,,,,, did i say something about a good looking solution :tt1:

7. Try running it out of gas b4 you put her to sleep and if it is flooded in the am(With petcock off)Somthing serious is goin on..

8. cosworth

cosworth Member

I appreciate the reply but I've never been a fan of putting it in a lean condition by running it out of gas.