O-ring on carb

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibeenjammin said:
What photos, I don't see squat :( :???:

i think maybe he thinks there are photos in joe's last post? maybe? there arent
i see some diiferent places you've posted, ben.we understand you're frustration :censored: ,...there are plenty of ppl here that dont need the forum for help. but there's alot of us, like myself, that are learning as we go with the help of more experienced members. 8)

I don't know what happened, but I see the pictures now. Hey, what is the whitish/gray goo around the intake opening? Has the washer and goo helped?

And Thank You all who are soo willing to give your input to lend a helping hand. It is much appreciated.

Gosh darnit! i cant recall the name of the sealant, but its the GREY kind. dont have any here, but i think its made by Permatex.
Yes, the o-ring, sealant, or Joe's suggestion of cutting part of the slots all help. use the grey kind, and you may not need the o-ring or cutting. 8)

Is it the black tube? What did you do, just gob it on and let it cure for 24 hours before riding?

no, the whole tube was grey. I think just about any kind will do, but the grey has a super-quick set time...15minutes after putting it on, you can vrooooom away

I much prefer the O-ring idea rather than the washer...mainly because i think it would seal better.
Thanks trader for the post.....takes 2 minutes and works great.

I've read where someone posted that he installed an O-ring between the intake manifold and the carb to help fix an idle problem.
He stated that he purchased the O-ring from Ace Hardware for a couple of cents. I went out and also purchased an O-ring hoping it would help my idle problem but I cannot get the carb to slide over the O-ring. How is this done?
Any suggestions. Thanks...........

Trade Wisely

If your doing what they were talking about. Then you want to find a rubber oring that sits inside your carborator where the intake manifold slides in. Drop the oring inside there and slide your intake inside the carb. Be sure the intake is pressed firmly against the seal so that it is sealing otherwise your going to end up with a even bigger leak then you started with.

Mogyver could not be more correct. Think about a garden hose end you are attaching to the faucet. Inside there is a rubber washer/o ring that seals the connection once you screw the hose to the faucet.

If you don't get the carb in well against the o-ring, the leak is definitely worse. Kind of wish it were threaded like a hose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back