Oath For Whizzer Riders:

Hal the Elder

Local time
6:32 PM
The ancient Hippocratic Oath for Doctors states: "First...Do No Harm."

The Whizzer Riders Oath states: "First...Check The Oil."

HAL

or "before starting the engine, make sure the dipstick is back in it's proper place, not on a bucket next to the bike"
so much for that oil change

Been there and done that......

It is amazing how much pressure is at the dipstick on a new edition Whizzer. I too changed my oil the quick way, problem was it was hard to re-cycle after I cleaned it off the walls. When doing research concerning the oil flow in the motor it was soon discovered [thru clear panels in the sidecover] the the highest flow and greatest pressure is at the....... you guessed it........ the dipstick.

Have fun,

Well can't agree more bout checking the oil I don't have one yet. We had an old Ford LGT 100 garden tractor with a 10 HP Kohler in it checked the oil every time before starting her up. That old beast was 26 years old before she finally gave out not from anything wrong other that just tired. But proves basic mantainence is so worth the effort on any engine not just the Whizzers.

My 14hp Kohler single cylinder motor in my 1974 Cub Cadet 1450 garden tractor continues to run strong year after year cutting my 1 acre lot. The engine uses huge ball bearings front and rear to support the crank. I've heard many stories of folks running these engines dry w/o a failure.

Next summer my Cub will be cutting the 36th season of grass with nothing major done to the engine other than normal maintenance.

Back