ObamaGate(s) controversy, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by arceeguy, Jul 28, 2009.

1. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Okeedokie folks - let's get the combustion chamber off to a good start here!
    (this is a racial thread, not racist. let's discuss, eh?)

What do you think of Obama getting involved by injecting his opinion in the arrest of Black professor Henry Gates by white officer James Crowley?

Personally, I think that the POTUS should not have commented at all on a local police issue. But now that he has, Obama exposes himself as a man with a biiig chip on his shoulder. He admitted not knowing all the facts in the case, yet still came to the conclusion that the police "acted stupidly".

I can't believe that people like Gates still believe that there is widespread racism here in America when BHO is president. I'm not saying that there is no racism, but c'mon folks. If Obama didn't have the "white vote" - he would have lost.

Now Obama wants to have them get together for a beer at the white house. Amazing. This guy should concentrate on being President, and not try to personally get involved with every aspect of American life. Sheesh.

What say you?

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I'd say, having reviewed the publically available info in this case, especially the fact that officer Crowley's version of events is completely corroborated by a black officer on the scene at the time of Gate's arrest, that Obama stuck his foot in his mouth big-time.

Now he's trying to do spin control - I hope officer Crowley tells him "thanks, but no thanks - I drink with my friends". Offer a public apology acknowledging your own racist reaction, Mr. President, then just maybe you can actually make a positive out of this incident. Right now, Obama just looks like another racist a**hole.

3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

I dont know why people are surprised at this... He is a racist as it gets.

His whole agenda is to "get even" with white people. I think the light bulb is coming on for most people.

4. kerf

kerf Guest

At the very best, I have to say The Fascist Obama demonstrated very poor judgment as POTUS, commenting on a situation, about which he admitted he was uninformed. At the very worst, the community organizer and racist radical was on full display. Looks like a lose, lose to me.

5. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Here's the thing - we had all the warning signs.

Rev. Wright
    Bill Ayers
    Rev. Pfleger

and now Professor Gates.

His wife says that "for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country" after Obama was winning in the primaries.

Why would anyone be surprised.

6. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Wait a second guy's... Examine the facts. You know by now I'm far from a BO supporter! He was certainly wrong for commenting and you can deffinately make out his big toe (comming out of his ear) when he stands sideways.

Well I've got some good black friends, the overwhelming majority are white. I'm sure the same could be said for you guy's. If your white friend was given a ticket by a black cop, your mind would go there too!

I think the most important lesson to be learned from the situation is that even the Almighty's mind works like that also! Not so much reverse racisim but rather reverse dicrimination. I didn't like his appology much either as he again eluded to the idea that blacks have been historicaly discriminated against, leaving one to wonder at that point, what does he really want here. Do you want to mend racial issues as President or further the black cause? We were preached unity in his election speaches. Stay tunned!

7. kerf

kerf Guest

What apology??????????????

I never heard the word "sorry" pass his lips. The plan was simple, having a bad week on the communist care bill, so change the subject, He expected his friends in the media to start a racial firestorm. Trouble was, when he pulled the pin on the hand grenade, it blew up in his face.

8. machiasmort

Hahaha good annalogy Kerf!

9. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

No, my mind would not go there all - not for one second.

Here's my beef with the guy.

When asked at which point a fetus gets "human rights", OhBahMah stutters and stumbles, then finally says that it is "above his pay grade".

When asked about Iran's possibly rigged elections, he says he does not want to meddle.

But when asked about the arrest of a black professor by a white cop, without knowing any o the facts, he doesn't hesitate one iota in calling the police stupid.

His behavior is very telling about his core beliefs.

So while the sheeple were swooning over his speech on race in Phila earlier this year, it turns the speech was just words. Written by someone else and delivered by OhBahMah via teleprompter. He is a fraud in many ways, and is quickly being exposed.

Do you think he would win again if the elections were held today?

10. machiasmort

valid point

11. SimpleSimon

Yes, I do think he'd win again today.

Not because he is so very much what people want - he isn't, and never was so seen by a LOT of folks that voted for him. Because of what he wasn't - a great many people see him as being of a different stripe than his predecessors, when the reality is that he is not in fact different in any important way. The man is a politician - by definition a professional liar whose only real core beliefs involve getting power and keeping power. In that he is just like John McCain, or George W. Bush, or William J. Clinton, or George H. W. Bush, or Ronald Reagan, or James Earl Carter, or Gerald R. Ford, or Richard M. Nixon, or Lyndon B. Johnson, or John F. Kennedy, or Dwight D. Eisenhower, or Harry S. Truman ... shall I go on listing them?

The nature of the process of seeking electcion is such that it guarantees that those who seek power through that process are ill-suited to exercise power once attaind.

12. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

I don't think so. Even with matched up with McCain, who was a horrible candidate.

Oh Bah Mah was supposed to be different than the rest of those politicians. He was supposed to be post partisan and post racial. He has proven to be a partisan hack, and while not a racist, thinks that blacks still have a good reason to distrust white folks. So much for post racial, eh? He was supposed to be a "moderate", but has proven himself to be a leftist.

Like I've said before. I'm glad he won. When the leftist policies fail, maybe we will see some real change. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards before you can make a giant leap forward.

13. SimpleSimon

Your "step backward" is more like a blind mis-step at the top of a long flight of stairs in the dark of night. The fall it begins ends at the bottom in a bloody, broken mess of dieing humanity.

14. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Well, it does seem that I have mis-calculated just how bad this president is actually going to be for the future of this country. I figured that we survived Carter, and Obama was just Carter's second term. Instead of Carter, we got Castro.

15. kerf

kerf Guest

I don't believe that for a minute, this man intends to exploit racial distrust to his own ends. That's what he was trying to do when it exploded on him. The Obamas, Jacksons and Sharptons of the world use racial strife to feed their quest for political power and wealth. Dr. King was a prophet, these charlatan's are false prophets. They claim to walk the path of Dr. King but in their "dream", the struggle will go on forever. Racial healing will put them out of business, you do the math.

16. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

agreed... 100%

17. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

Exactly SS.John McCain, or George W. Bush, or William J. Clinton, or George H. W. Bush, or Ronald Reagan, or James Earl Carter, or Gerald R. Ford, or Richard M. Nixon, or Lyndon B. Johnson, or John F. Kennedy, or Dwight D. Eisenhower, or Harry S. Truman ...They all seem to be in the same boat.

18. Zev0

Zev0 Member

We would be saying President McCain, which is probably just about as bad. I'd rather be saying President Paul, but that will never happen.

19. SimpleSimon

Do I detect sarcasm, eastwood?

If so, pray tell, which of those presidents enumerated were actually suited to the office?

20. machiasmort

Zevo,

Must have looked into wwwLP.org

I think it was you who talked about the Federalist party in another thread? They would be my second choice.

Never say never Zevo. LP is the only chance this Country has of getting back to where we were! D or R ain't gonna do it. Speaking on this subject. Does 1% popular vote sound correct for the LP last election? I had alot of friends vote LP and 1% seems sort of small???

I'd rather be saying President Paul also but I believe he is under the Republicans now. In 2008 Bob Barr was LP for President. Congressman Paul (Texas) is the only one currently making sense right now out of the entire party!