OCC Chopper pre build ideas

Wheres my dog

Local time
6:07 PM
Anyone mounted a DAX in an OCC Chopper?

Has anyone, or know of anyone, who has an OCC Schwinn Chopper with a frame mounted DAX Titan 50cc?

I am about to start a build on one and wondered if I may be able to hear some words of advice or see some pics of one already made?

I have searched the site here for one, but to no avail!

My idea is to frame mount the engine, and run it through a jackshaft to the front pedal crank and power the bike this way...

Any thoughts on this, or what the gearing should be? I know the transmission has 5:1 reduction and the output shaft is a 10 tooth sprocket.

Any thoughts welcomed...

Last edited:
If this is your first build, I would do something simpler.
It's tough to handle offset engine mounts, longer chain and other quirks associated with an OCC.
These kits will simply bolt on to most steel beach cruisers and mountain bikes.
You can transfer the motor to something with more cool factor after you get some
positive experience.

It's tough to handle offset engine mounts, longer chain and other quirks associated with an OCC.
You can transfer the motor to something with more cool factor after you get some
positive experience.

I'm just about finished with one of these bikes, I am using a jack shaft and have changed the bike to a five speed. Wheelbender is absolutely correct, these are difficult builds, every thing on them will give you problems. I originally used an offset mount from Barry and still have it on the bike.That actually made using a shift kit set up more difficult than a centered mount would have. Parts of the housing on the shift kit would hit the seat tube. I had to mount my right side plate on the outside of the clutch cover instead of inboard. That means adjusting the clutch will be a real problem. Not using an offset mount may cause problems with the chain and chain guard on the pedal drive side. I'm glad I'm almost finished as I haven't much hair left, I've pulled a lot of it out in frustration. I had already built a couple of bikes when I started this one and I promise you it is a completely different animal to work with. If you already have the bike and are determined, message me and I'll try to help any way I can.
Woody

Last edited:
positive experience.

Actually down a few builds myself already on different kinds of bikes...

BUT, with that said, I am not going to go with the OCC as I am way too big for it!

Thinking of having a local welder stretch out a cruiser for me and weld in a motor mount!

Back