OCC Sprocket size

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by Madwack, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Madwack

Madwack Member

Ok here is the deal

i have an OCC chopper...and my frinds use 26inch wheeled bikes...a mountain and a stretch cruiser

from a dead stop...they stand no chance in ****.....over a short distance

but give them enuff time ..there speed builds up and i cant keep up at all

i have a standard sprocket that came with the kit..whats that 44 48 something

now what would a good sprocket size be so that i can keep up with them 32 30 28???

u chopper folks mut have an idea

thanks Madwack

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

my son-in-law (azvinnie) keeps up to me (I have a 40 tooth) with a 36 tooth

3. fastboy9

fastboy9 Member

a stock sprocket is usually 44 tooth, you would probably want a 36 tooth sprocket to keep up with them, but it will be a bit harder to start and wont accelerate as quick.

I've had enough of being stuck at 24mph lol, cant wait to get my 36 toother!

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

actually, the occ has a 20" rear tire, so it torques out nicely even with a 36

5. Madwack

Madwack Member

ok so i have ordered a 36 t sprocket from livefastmotors

just a plug fer this guy

he is freindly...and beyond...my Orders arrive fast and i live in canada....1 week is nice

I also ordered the stretched chopper exhaust.....

Madwack

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

I agree...Jim (livefast) is a nice guy
    I have done a lot of face to face business with him

7. HI,

In doing the math, if your friends are running a stock 44T on 26" wheels you would need a 33T or 34T (Math actually comes out to 33.85 but obviously you can't have fractional teeth) to equal them.....Of course you could drop a tooth or two (if it's not too hilly) and leave 'em! ;-)

Have Fun!

Andrew

8. Madwack

Madwack Member

hehe well im also ordered a 32 tooth :)

well im glad u know yer math :) u maken the **** thing

the other sprocket i ordered was only 25$ the 36t

so we shall see the diff in quality im sure

maddy

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  9. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi; i just sent you a pm--9:00pm sat. im picking up an occ monday so ill need a cheet sheet. now lets ride. mitch

10. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

i am putting a 27 t on my occ ill tell you how it goes

11. Madwack

Madwack Member

27 t

**** u gonna hall arse

right now i haven brake issues.....they as tight as they can go...yet my braking ability is LOLzers.....not good....im gonna try replacing the pads...and see if that helps.....more speed atm is gonna kill me....parts arent here yet so i go mess with the pads...good braking is a must.....i wish i could put a disk brake on the back..Wish.....i know braking with the front brake is better...but if ya hit gravel and use yer front brake..yer dead....and with how the brake lines are set up to 1 hand ..2 brake cables ....so i cant pick or choose my front or back.....ill go with more back braking then front....

does that make sence :)

Madwack

dididi
    :)

12. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

yea i had the same problem tight en them until there on the rim then lossen the line with the barrel adjuster the should just barrely touch the rim i skid my tire fairly easily

13. jonboy2five

jonboy2five Member

brakes

the front brake is where its at on any 2-wheeler...get used to it and you can stop on a dime with a nickel change...:cool:

14. stude13

stude13 Active Member

livefast has the sprocket i would choose

15. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

the 1st gen stingray didnt come with front brakes so it makings stopping fast a little risky but i have locked up the rear tire at 20 and i didnt slide side to side at all

16. Madwack

Madwack Member

32 T sprocket arrived today..and allso i can say is wow..what a nice sprocket

and its not even chrome..its black metal..nice nice...now to play americas army and tamorrow i just gotta remove some links from zzz chain...weeeee...wicked and ya with some tickering the brakes are better..not perfect but better

Madwack

17. B.K. Hosken

B.K. Hosken Member

Will the OCC Stingrays take an engien without mods? That rear tire is HUGE, you don't have chain clearance problems?

18. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

yep

yea they work just fine you just gotta tinker a little

19. lol i designed the first i would know and these brakes stink but i found that using a the front crank sprocket for the rear works best combined with a 12 tooth counter sprocket and a 5:1 tranny at 14grand rpms yeilds about 54.3mph

and to date i have never seen a better chopper set up then the one i designed. right now im working on a kit and a website so people can get these bikes and stop going to live fast.

20. strainjpnt

strainjpnt Member

what kinda engine are you using because a ht would eat it self at 14 grand