Ocean Park WA-Picnic & Ride-August 12th.

Discussion in 'Races, Events & Group Rides' started by gone_fishin, Jul 27, 2007.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

as the official host for august, i'd like to extend an invitation to all to:

join us for a picnic-style gathering & ride in ocean park WA...

possible date? Sunday Aug 12th...this is flexible, so let's all decide what works best for everyone :)

many possible locations, i'll post a pic with details when i choose... 8)

out of towners, if there's any way we can help you make it, just let us know 8)

2. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

laborday weekend whold be way cool as the big rod run weekend is then also! what a great time for exposure & styling! a fun time to check out others creations & others to check out yours! this is something that could evolve into the mb.com mecca!so much to see & do!
  3. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

let me know and I'll do my darndest to get there...
    No guarantees, but it sure would be fun!
  4. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

ok, i'll hold off a short short while & see if we get a response to the labor day idea....
  5. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

I might be able to make this one. I put in for an emergency vacation and they gave it to me...WOO HOO!! I do have a HUGE ride/event planned in Albany the day before and it may run pretty late. What time are we thinking this might happen??

6. JE

JE Guest

Hey Dan we could ride up together if you want.I can fit three bikes in my truck.
  7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

ok, if both of you say yes to the 12th, then we'll make it happen...

if we get started around noon, we could have ourselves a nice ride before and after the picnic... 8)

btw-to all: rsvp is very helpful to my planning a picnic lunch
  8. JE

JE Guest

I'll be there.
  9. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

great news...standing by....dan?
  10. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

As I was saying...I might be able to make it. It depends how late the rally goes the day before that. I really want to get up there again and maybe actually ride this time! LOL!
  11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

ok, then, it's on! i spoke with the local riders & it's gonna be...

august 12th...noon 'til ?

ocean park WA...PNW-Riders...

MBc picnic & ride!

-------------------------- 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)----------------------

cold-cuts and rolls, fixin's too, & tater salad, will be provided picnic style...please RSVP...snag a bag of chips or some desert thingy, & bring your own favorite beverage...or you can buy what you need here in town.

it would be wise to assume you'll need your basic toolkit, and bring a full tank of fuel...cameras too! :)

anything at all that you need to know, ask it right here...

map search:
    ocean park WA 98640
    intersection vernon ave & bay ave

let's pm phone numbers before you head out.
  12. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

let me know if i can help yall!!i got room for people here! tents , parkin space ,& whatever else!come on down & check out the new mb.com mecca!!
  13. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

ya baby its on
  14. vintagebiker

vintagebiker Guest

I'm going to try to make it there on Sunday.
    I mapquested it and Ocean Park is about a 2 hour drive from my hotel in Longview.
  15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

fingers crossed, v'biker 8)

pm me for a phone number if it's a go...
  16. JE

JE Guest

Hey augi could you p.m you're phone Number.
  17. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

forecast for sunday:

high 61
    low 53
    precip 10%
  18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

the plan:
    - meet at my place about noonish
    - hang out, get acquainted, wait for everyone
    - 1PM leave for 7 mile putt to deanna's house (surfside estates) or we can go the long way and make it 10 miles
    - enjoy roast beef, peppered turkey, hard salami, co-jack cheese, tomatoes, onions, pickles, potato salad, cold soda, cold water, cold other stuff...
    - whenever, leave on a 20 mile tour of the upper peninsula (ledbetter state park, oysterville historic area, nachotta, stop & look at "beach baron's" facility and dream of MBc rally-'08, stop at wavy's for whatever, back to ocean park for maybe a cold one & some billiards at "doc's")
    - tell everyone at MBc how much fun we had 8)
  19. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

whos comeing? im giddy with excitement!!
  20. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

dunno...not having much luck with rsvp's or phone calls.

and you're just giddy, anyways, so what's the diff? :p