official MBc stance on EPA?

Large I would not worry very mutch about riding on the trails, all you need to do is show the nice police oficer your chest or more importantly the scars on said chest. thy usaly make exceptions for the impared( no harm intended.) Heck Im a 400 lb guy, with asthma and bad knees I would have to carry around a dr note

HAHAHAHAA!!! Thanks. I've already prepared a statement in the event I'll need to use that!

I found it!
http://www.aimag.com/epa/Feb06.htm
http://www.aimag.com/epa/AIM_EPA112004.pdf

(edit) That's not exactly it. Since it's a new issue it needs to be archived before they will make a .pdf.

Those links though are a GREAT reference.

Read the "what you can do" in that first link.

That's the answer right there.

Those are good, but not the article I was talking about. The article I was referring to is in the October 2008 issue that is on the newsstands now. Attached is a pic of the cover.

The name is the article is: How it works: EPA/ARB Rules 2008, Revisiting the old regulations and examining the new ones. It is on page 32 of that issue.

I am not saying these regulations apply to us. I'm just saying it gives a good idea of some options should some sort of official EPA recognition of MBs be considered.

For instance, there is a once a lifetime opportunity for anyone to build pretty much any motorcycle they want and there is no emissions testing or regulation of any type.

There are options that are available to small builders, larger builders and engine manufacturers. It is a lot less onerous than you would think. the EPA seems to get it that motorcycles are a very small part of the puzzle and making them meet the same standards of cars is totally over the top and will make no appreciable effect on the overall environmental picture. MBs are an even smaller portion of the motoring public.

Attachments

• AIM_Forum_NextMonth.jpg
    AIM_Forum_NextMonth.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 185
Last edited by a moderator:
Large why are you trying to stir up the pot and bring issues back to life. Seems like every month we hear the same thing from you. BOO HOO I'm gonna go join the other forum. Well, do it. If you're looking for sympathy you will find it under "S" in the dictionary.

I'm sorry you feel this way,Zev0. The facts here is that I didn't start this thread. I listened to you when you suggested I not join the other forum and when I did I discovered that your speculations were all false.
I'm not stirring up the pot. I'm laying out my cards for everyone to see.
And with that,I respect how you feel.
But I have feelings too.

as do i (have feelings)...and i got tired of 'em being everyone's doormat...c'mon, now...because peeps don't like how i ran the place (which is wierd...the place is still nicely structured because of how i ran it), they basically refuse to acknowledge any of my progress since i retired and went racing...i don't wanna be a "legend" i wanna be a bro-rider now, too...but if it ain't a HT i'm doing it with, my old HT-buds are looking the other way.

who's really the "elitists" around mbc, eh?

i meant it, but not hostilely, about writing off relationships and duties. because of the work i did here my mb-life just keeps gettin' better & better, after my duties to the mbc part of the rally are concluded i'm basically burnt out on the place. the PNW-Riders will be running it's own site, and independantly organizing the future rallies. ad & commercial free our internet endeavors will remain, sales-free our rallies will be.

i started this topic...it was about why we should be able to responsibly discuss epa-&-other-regulations without being misinterpreted or attacked. as far as i'm concerned, it's a closed issue. we will be presenting our ideas and reasoning, we will do it responsibly, and we deserve the respect anyone else around here expects.

again, go join who or what ever you want, but quit trying to involve (or blame? or distract?) me. the days when i cared about what you do or think are gone, i have so much other positive stuff to do that i don't even have time for the grudge.

my grudge is, to repeat, about my new (totally kick***) efforts being ignored on
purpose lest someone be seen as "taking sides."

heya, hough'...i'm intriged by the maybe-pertinent-info that article may have to offer...

any chance of a bit of scanning & an email?

Last edited:
I don't intend to step on your toes,Augi. In fact I'd like to see a development in your upcoming venture. But I had to answer to this:

btw, large...sometimes the best place to hide is right out in plain site.

It's subtile,but hurtful. I've never said a bad word to you and yet you wish me gone. I've done nothing but stood behind you until it got too crazy.

Bottom line is whatever happened between you and anyone is your business.

But I'm not trying to "destroy" you.

I'm not trying to talk you down among the others at that forum.

When some do ask about the drama here,I don't entertain that and they know it.

If we lived close by then yes. I would be very hurt. Papausaun and I had a little talk about the drama and we have a difference of opinion. I hope I didn't turn him away from ever visiting me again.

I don't know what else to say except don't judge us. Please don't judge us.

The epa talk is necessary.

But the judging others for not complying is not.

...heya, hough'...i'm intriged by the maybe-pertinent-info that article may have to offer...

any chance of a bit of scanning & an email?

I'll see what I can do- and if i do it, I would PM it or e-mail it (like you mentioned). I'm not going to get anyone in trouble by publically posting copyright protected material.

"btw, large...sometimes the best place to hide is right out in plain site"

that was in response to your sentiments about MB's staying under the radar & me racing in a public venue...and it wasn't personal in any way.

Back