**** Oil Leak.

1clicc

Local time
12:31 AM
I've just ran my new 80cc motor from ebay for a couple of trip maybe a total of 3 mile and already gotten an oil leak on the head above the muffler. Is there a way i can fix this? I've also got a little gasoline leak on the bottom of the carborator where the little screw with a red gasket ring. Please advise. Thanks fellas.

sounds like your exhaust pipe is loose or the gasket is bad.
be gentle when tightening the exhaust.

Tighten your head bolts in an X pattern(top left/bottom right/top right/bottom left) ONLY to a moderate pressure(12ft/lbs)
Don't go crazy tightening & check regularly.
That's one of the very few things in my 2-stroke that requires sustained attention.

BTW....excellent pics....that's going to be an invaluable asset.

Thanks, i'll try what you have mention. Is it also neccessary to make a gasket with those gasket maker?

Thanks, i'll try what you have mention. Is it also neccessary to make a gasket with those gasket maker?
If your talking about the little gasket on the carby try tightening it,but not overtight or you'll strip the thread.If that doesn't work make a gasket,but make it from fuel resistant materials.
Your fix seems ok(mainly cos it's rare you'll ever have to touch it again)..........hopefually. :D

Thanks Fetor56, i took your advice and tighting it at a 12ft/lbs an it fix the problem. I'd clean all the oil leak on the egine and so far no leak after tighting it. Thanks again.

Back