Oil Lite [Grubee 4G] bushing lube technique

R

recumbentbill

This info is for owners of the Grubee 4G trans for the honda clone engine. The oil lite bushing that comes with this trans needs this procedure. I thought just soaking the bushing in oil over night would do the trick [it didn't]. After googling oil lite bushings I came across this procedure on the Max Tourqe clutch site. Sounds like its what I will do to my bushing. check out the link below
http://www.maxtorque.com/html/oilite.html

PS Just a thought here. Im really not sure if the bushing is a oil lite or just a plain old bronze bushing. It looks like a oil lite and since Don grubee said to soak the bushing over night leads me to think this bushing is a oil lite bushing that needs the above link procedure

Very cool! Thank you recumbentbill!
I knew about soaking them in hot oil, but the paraffin wax part is new to me.

Last edited:
Very cool! Thank you recumbentbill!
I knew about soaking them in hot oil, but the paraffin wax part is new to me.

Hmm, sounds like a good idea.....I found some chain oil that is described as having a wax lubricant. It looks like paraffin after the carrier evaporates. I like it so far....chain and sprocket wear is cut in half, and it doesn't attract abrasive contaminants as much as oil.

Maxima chain wax. It's good stuff. I've sold plenty of it to Harley owners and Metric owners with blinged out bikes. It does not fling off and make a mess of the pretty chromed wheels and $8K paint jobs if left to set up properly.

Back