oil mix one does all?

sirmike68

Local time
9:44 AM
I have been using a synthetic oil mix called Opti-2 for my snow blower, weed whacker, chainsaw, etc. All have varying oil mix ratio requirements all the way from 20:1 to 50:1. This oil says "one mix for all" ratios. I have used it have not had any issues. Does anybody see why it would be a problem in my chinese "80" with break-in and normal running?

50ml of oil to 4.5L of gas, so 90:1 is what the bottle uses as a mixture. Believe me I was hesitant to put this mix into 20:1 weed eater. I have been using it for a couple years now with no problems.

Your snowblower,weedwacker and chainsaw is not propelling you down the road. Also assuming you have a Chineese Happy Time,these motors are built okay but not to the level of fine precision to your garden tools.
I dunno. I wouldn't trust ANYTHING from the lawn and garden department at Lowes,Sears,Wal,Mart ect. I like using castor oil (Maxima) but it's expensive and I could only find it thru E-bay so lately I've been mixing it with Marine grade pre mix found at your AUTO PARTS STORE. Also,don't use synthetic when your initially breaking in your engine. Use it AFTER break in. (200-250 miles the ruling is still out on this one)

I've used the all in one mix they sell at Lowes called ProMix (I think it is 8 OZ for 2 or 2 and 1/2 gallons)....Use the same mix for all my power tools and HT engine....seems to work OK.
Andrew

i was told that if the machine takes a lower ratio, the only side effect will be more smoke coming out of your pipe, and if anything will do your engine more good. but dont take that as fact, i just knowq that cause i accidentally mixed 40-1 in my sno-blower witch is 30-1 and toro said that. my snow blower worked fine, carp loads of smoke though. infact, every spring, to get the mowers ready for the year, the first tanks of gas are the laft over gas from the snowblower. this lubes the whole engine, therefore improving the life of it.

for my happy time i use the oil pictured. it comes from advance auto. there was no key, so i found another bottle (not synthetic) and it had a key, and if i was using that bottle, it would be 2 bottles 2 every gallon, so thats what i use. mabey its over kil, but the more the merrier as far as the engine is concerned right?

Attachments

• oil.jpg
    oil.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 234
thanks for the confermation bill. im about ready to go get a 5 gallon gas can tho. cause 1 gallon doesnt even fill both tanks on by bikes. and i run through gas fast. i dont think im gettin 180. 1 gallon lasts me about 40-50 miles on both bikes, tops. (1/2 gal each)

I use 5 oz to a gallon of my Maxima/Marine synthetic mix.
There's a balance to all this cause too much oil not only produces smoke but it can also blacken and thicken the inside of your exhaust something fierce.

Back