Fuel Mixture Oil Oil Oil....what kind of oil do you yous?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by GoldenEagleChris, Sep 17, 2011.

1. My engine is the 2 stroke Zenoah G43-L 41.5cc (GSR40 engine)

I read these babies can rev pretty high. Just a high revving engine overall..

I am torn between Klotz Super Techniplate 40:1 or Amsoil same ratio....

A asked a buddy what he runs his china (HT) engine with and he responded:
    "Opti-2 100:1"

Maybe certain oils work better with different RPM's?

Hmmmn decisions decisions.......any insight on either of deez oils?

2. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

I use AMSOIL DOMINATOR..............After 200 miles, use mixed 32:1

3. oliverw123

oliverw123 New Member

I use stihl 50:1 two-stroke oil and never had a problem, runs extremely clean without smoke.

4. madcroc

madcroc New Member

Right now I'm using whatever fully synthetic oil is cheapest at 32:1. Going to pick up some Arnold's 50:1 at sears. I did just order some sample packets from US2OIL (same stuff as opti-2) for $1.79 a piece - going to give a 75:1 mix a shot! :eek:

edit: Here's the the link to US2OIL. I couldn't find Opti-2 anywhere near me and they had the cheapest single packets I could find. One packet is one gallon @ 75:1

Double edit!! You can get 6 3.2oz bottles of Spectrum oil at sears for $3.29. Looks like the deal ends today! http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07136552000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  5. lowracer

lowracer Member

I'm running Yamalube 2R in both my Stage 2 pocketBike engines (Cag) @ 32:1
    High Rpm's & no problems (10K+)
    -Lowracer-

6. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

I use whatever 2 stroke oil that i happen to buy. right now i am using a full synthetic oil made by Gumout.

7. When I was running my GZ23N14 "Geo or Strato" 25.4cc engine from Zenoah I was using Redmax syntheic 50:1.

I never had any problems with it for many years, the engine was ported and polished with a Hipo carb and exhaust.

I did seize the engine when I took a steep grade hill (downhill) about 44.7MPH..

I think the engine over reved and that brought me to the suggestion that certain oils may protect better against higher revving, hotter engines.

I would also think that since Redmax is Zenoah that the Redmax oil would do just fine, but may need to be mixed at 40:1 as per the G43's spec recommendations.

8. sparky

sparky Active Member

Next time I hop on a 2-stroke, I will likely run the cheapest oil I can find at 16:1 for break-in and 25:1 thereafter.

9. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I use 5w30w synthetic blend and buy what evers on sale when I need it. As long as its a quality known brand.

10. 5-7HEAVEN

5-7HEAVEN Member

I use Castrol 2T motorcycle oil @ the recommended 50:1 mix in my Tanaka 47R.

11. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Bean oil which has saved me engine when running head temps in the mid to high 300 deg temp range.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011